We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it very busy?

London
Level Contributor
438 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
is it very busy?

hello all, will be arriving in boracay next week!! cant wait!

is the island very busy right now? and more important, 'hows the weather'?..................it will be nice to get some sunshine, all we have in london is snow and ice!!!!!!!!!

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is it very busy?

The island is busy, not very busy, but busy. Weather is deteriorating: expect strong winds, clouds and rain showers for the next couple of days

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it very busy?

people at my hotel where I was staying said its cold and windy...I guess its all relative to where you live..."cold"..tell that to my family in Oslo.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is it very busy?

Cold and windy. Yes and soon snowing. I thought I saw an iceberg this morning....Seriously and as written above: strong winds and mostly cloudy for the next 4 or 5 days. There are still people on the beach and in the water amidst pieces of floating ice....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it very busy?

Really floating ice? Oh my strong winds and cloudy :( I am off to Boracay tomorrow.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it very busy?

Enjoy the ICE..........................in your drink at sunset.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: is it very busy?

Weather-wise, there's no significant storm systems around, so don't expect a typhoon or tropical storm withing the next few weeks. There is a severe weather area east of Cebu (see http://www.jma.go.jp/en/g3/ -- that will have been updated by the time you see it) and we're experiencing strong winds which might be spillover from that. For a pretty good Boracay weather info snapshot see http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&locCode=ASI|PH|RP004|CATICLAN&metric=1and http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=576.

Crowd-wise, the situation has changed from past years. Boracay isn't seeing as many Korean visitors as in past years, but we're now seeing a lot of package tours from China. Also, we're seeing a lot of weekend domestic tourism from Manila. Also, though there is an ordinance prohibiting mororized vehicles along the beachfront path, we're seeing quite few cars and trucks pushing their way through rhe crowds of people strolling there.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: is it very busy?

they are looking into concreting the White Beach path, so it would be easier for the vehicles to pass

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: is it very busy?

Temperatures have reached a critical level: many, many walk around in jackets and long sleeves. It's not yet time for snow boots and rain, maybe even snow??? is expected later today....

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,967 posts
2,060 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is it very busy?

As others have pointed out in other fora on TA, Westerners are a minority of visitors to Boracay - perhaps 10 to 15 per cent.

However I would be surprised if many Westerners had anything other than blouses, short sleeve shirts or T-shirts and shorts or light dresses on, because to those of us from non-tropical 'temperate' zones such as southeastern Australia, the Philippines almost never requires a jacket as the humidity then tends to become at least a little bothersome.

10. Re: is it very busy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 14:53