We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

shropshire
Level Contributor
162 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

Hi

I'm hoping to spend some time in boracay as part of a trip to the far east (mainly hong kong) in oct/nov time.

I've had a nose at flights from Hong Kong and they seem doable - but i'm wondering if you have any advice on hotels to stay in/things to do as i'll be going on my own (i'm a 30 year old woman)

I was thinking white beach as it sounds beautiful, but also has a fair few restaurants etc easily at hand. which area is best to stay in? i know it goes by station along the beach. Is it fairly safe to walk along the beach road/beach at night if you're on your own?

Budget wise for a hotel...i guess up to £50 a night?

any tips on must sees or stuff that'd be good for a lassie on her tod to experience much appreciated! cheers. Laney x

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

No problem. The White Beach path is safe to walk at night and there are dozens of restaurant and hotels along the White Beach, also many eateries and other food stalls.

For the budget of 50 $ you rather stay in the southern part of the White beach or also called 'station 3 area. The northern part of the White beach has rather 4 to 5 start resorts. However: also around station 2 and station 1 resorts/hotels can be found for a good price, but mostly they are 5 to 10 min walking distance from the beach. Station 3 area is more quiet while around station 2 you have the highest density of restaurants bars and resorts and also the D'Mall

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

you may also want to research this forum, there are several threads written for, about single female travellers...have you done that yet..thanks

watford,UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

Davi-Boy,

£50 x 73 = 3,650 pesos

$50 x 46 =2,300 pesos

she better stay in station 1, have a look on myboracay.com she can choose which hotel or resort she like most.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

dont book thru myboracay.com or any agent without going direct to the hotel first..to get or negotiate a better rate....

shropshire
Level Contributor
162 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

Thanks all. I have had a quick search on the forum for info for single women and found a couple of useful tips but several of the threads were a year or so old so i wasn't sure if the situation had changed in boracay.

Thanks for all the advice so far...sounds like if i can find a good deal station 1 might be nice (might as well try and treat myself!) - anywhere specific you'd recommend?

I've read somewhere that station 1 has the nicest bit of white beach - is that right?

Thanks again...can't wait!

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

For your information Enad14: station 1 area is a big area, stretching from Starbucks to Boracay Terraces. Within this area you can find cheap accommodation and also expensive accommodations.

The name 'stations' is not an exact geographic location, but to pinpoint areas. So if you say Fridays is station 1 and also Friends is station 1 you cover a lot of area.

watford,UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

Davi - Boy,

ive been there in boracay three times so i know the place,

for £50 or 3,650 pesos she can get a decent place to stay in station 1.

boracay is just a small place if you compare to Benidorm or Copacabana in Rio De Janiero that ive visited.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

Nicest is all relative to your personal preferences. The beach is arguably the best near station 1, but recently there is often little or no beach at high tide, in the area around Willy's Rock.

As mentioned before, the stations encompass quite large areas. some resorts are close to the noisy discos, and this may or may not be to your liking. Resorts farther north are also classified as station 1 are much quieter but generally more expensive.

South of station 3 has plenty of affordable resorts, and you'll get more bang for your buck. In other words, a generally better standard of accommodation for the same price.

The White Beach pathway is safe to walk at nigh, and Boracay in general is very safe for travelers. I'm a single female the same age as you, and I don't get hassled or bothered walking around at night. Just keep an eye on your belongings and don't leave them unattended.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other worries, or if you'd like to meet up in Boracay. :)

Ekaterinburg
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

Dear Sirenna,

we with my friend will arrive at Manila and we need to get to Boracay. Is it safe and beautiful to go by bus and ferry to Boracay? Is the island big?

shropshire
Level Contributor
162 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: advice for single female hoping to visit boracay

Thanks all - some great advice there! Sirenna - i'll drop you a PM when i know what dates i'll be in Boracay - would be good to have someone to chat to!

Laney.