We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Availability of ATM's

Brighton
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Availability of ATM's

Hi,

Could someone advise me on whether ATM machines are readily available on Boracay?

We are staying at Dave's Straw Hat

cheers : )

Nicky

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
Dave's Straw Hat Inn
Dave's Straw Hat Inn
890 Reviews
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Availability of ATM's

there are many ATM's..down in station 3 there is an Allied bank ATM, which did now work that often, but near to that area at Hotel Oro I think its called...just up past Queens. BPI has a machine up the beach as well . There are at least two or 3 on the main road, and a couple in Da Mall. You will be okay. Metro Bank, Allied Bank, BPI and RCBC all have branches on the main road with ATM machines. Not sure if RCBC is functioning yet thou.

Brighton
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Availability of ATM's

great thanks for letting me know : )

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Availability of ATM's

We left Boracay a week ago and noticed that Allied bank were charging 150 pesos for withdrawals on international issued cards. BPI wasn't charging while we were there and we didn't try RCBC, although the RCBC machine in NAIA Terminal 3 was charging 150 pesos (we didn't find out until after we had got the money and it was printed on the receipt, so were quite annoyed).

It's a fairly new thing this charge (ie it's come into effect in the last 2 weeks) but a lot of Philippines banks are now charging for ATM withdrawals with international cards.

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Availability of ATM's

yes, that p150 charge is common now...sadly..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Availability of ATM's

Being charged $3.50 for use of an ATM that is not your own bank is normal in Canada....What I did was open an account at PNB (who are now merged with Allied) before I left Canada, and used that ATM card when I was in the Philippines. Made things much easier.

Mentioned in this post
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Availability of ATM's

PNB and Allied bank still seem to function as two separate entities as of now, even though they have joined together. .

NYC
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Availability of ATM's

Withdrawal for international cards are common. I'm even charged for withdrawal if not in my own bank here in nyc :)

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Availability of ATM's

Allied Bank and PNB are still separate banks, but will form one shortly. Allied Bank had to sell a bank in California, in which they held a majority stake, as per US Bank laws, before the merger can take place, . The sale is almost done, and once sold, they can form the one bank they're aspiring at.

Even with local credit cards and ATMs fees apply. Higher fees if you withdraw money from another banks ATM

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Availability of ATM's

Banco De Oro (BDO) charges P 200 per transaction for international issued cards.

10. Re: Availability of ATM's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 05:16