We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

AngelesPhilippines
3 posts
Save Topic
American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

Where can I cash travel llers cheques in Canadian $ in Boracay?

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

It is best not to use Travelers Cheques in the Philippines. Firstly, they are expensive to buy and you get a lower exchange rate and secondly, the banks often take up to 90 minutes to exchange them because of the security checks they do before exchanging them. It is better to bring cash ($ Canadian, US, Euros or UK pounds) or an ATM card.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

You can cash travelers cheques at the 4 major banks on Boracay: Allied Bank, Metro Bank, BPI and RCBC. Also the Tourist Center changes these cheques.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

I have cashed them at the Allied Bank and at the Traveler's Centre. I would think any large bank would cash them for you.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,358 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

This is not correct info...sorry...he is asking for Canadian checks. None of the mentioned banks will accept Canadian t. checks and many of the local exchange places will not want them either. Tourist center will take them but the rate is like 5 pesos lower than the low rate they give for USD cash....My wife's cousin married to Canadian had big issues with them. Dont bring them is best advice as FSERP01 implied...OR bring USD checks then look at previous advice...

Edited: 08 April 2010, 02:21
Taiwan
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

Hi this is not about travellers cheques, but I would like to ask if those banks or money exchanger wherever on the island gives what kind of exchange rate for Taiwan dollar. I am going there next month, and some people here suggest to take USD, which ends up still better than directly change TWD to Peso. I also heard tourist centre accepts TWD but rate is not good.

6. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 April 2010, 10:56
Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

The best rates for 'exotic' currencies as Canadian $ or Taiwan $ one an find in Manila.

If you don't mind a lower rate and particularly changing small amounts you can do it on the island or at banks in provincial cities.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,358 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

P1.10 for Taiwan dollars at the tourist center, so expect a bit higher outside. You can cash currency Taiwan or Canadian on Boracay, not T. checks.

9. Re: American Express Travellers Cheques in Canadian $

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:17