We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new comer in Boracay

Maryland
4 posts
Save Topic
new comer in Boracay

We had a bad memories in Boracay. Me and my wife want stroll along the beach.she said we'll go to Boracay, so the next day we went.Board in a Ceres Bus to Caticlan, then boat to Boracay. Somebody asked me if we had a hotel, I said none, because we just gonna stroll and walk in the beach, thinking we can rent an umbrella and stick it to the sand and go for the swim.We're looking for a public shower and bathroom, were we can shower after the swim.But unfortunately there is no public bathroom, nor shower.There is no public info. all we heared are those people who sell there room . We're thinking about to stay overnight but ,we got bored. we cant dip in the water, where in the world you gonna change your wet clothes. You got to get a hotel first before you have fun,and that's a no no to us. The place is not a new comer friendly.The place is BUSENESS ' oriented. For us ..Boracay beach is beautiful BUT,,, It's not a new comer friendly.So we spend 2 hrs. there and went home.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: new comer in Boracay

Ati Atihan is a great time - btw, people on this board prefer you call it Boracay, not Bora. Ati Atihan is the third weekend in January, -its a whole week but the Thursday through Sunday is when thing really get into swing.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: new comer in Boracay

akolangpo2,

....May I suggest that you and other "Aussie" mates, who frequents Boracay, to make a collection/donations for the locals to construct a "dunny" for the benefits of all "newcomers".

....Enjoy Boracay...... :-)

Papalo

australia
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: new comer in Boracay

Ksuter, thanks for the info.

Papalo, r u from faifield, syd? If so, lets then start the outreach program for the dunny, mate.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: new comer in Boracay

Kalibo, 2011 - Jan. 23 { Sunday } ati Atihan..

Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: new comer in Boracay

hey I looked back underneath the roots. I recommend Boracay to all my friends here. I might be in a wrong time at wrong place at that time. But it wont erased my first impression.that is good SANITATION. If they could built a hotel along the beach, why cant built a small shower in a small bathroom where PUBLIC can take a rest even for just a minute. Its not that I lived here in US, I just want to let the place more comfortable for all the beach users. NO OFFENSE to the Patrons,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: new comer in Boracay

If you are interested, here are some of my pics of Ati Atihan from 2007 when I was there last....hopefully I will be at the 2011 Ati Atihan as well.

kevinsuter.com/Philippines/Ati_Atihan.html

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

australia
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: new comer in Boracay

leftovertoo, great, i have the actual date now.

maraming salamat ha.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: new comer in Boracay

your welcome, ingat ka

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: new comer in Boracay

I really dont understand the point going some where with out proper planning and expecting in return extravagant welcome, first of all its an island and its as every body knows its business oriented already, the fact it is an island so when you go there for leisure or strolling you are considered as a tourist and expect to pay for something for you to enjoy and relax properly. As I have said the toilet in the pier area are clean and though may be they dont have a shower you can use a TABO to wash your body :) I agree with the Math of leftover for a poor planning, high expections, one day plan visit and "kuripot" = unhappy visitors every time.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: new comer in Boracay

Public showers and toilets. Yes - that's missing plus a public tent area at the White Beach plus cooking area. All free of course. This will help all the cheap visitors. They can save the money for a room and don't need anymore to buy a chicken at Andok's, because they can bring their own chicken and roast it at the common picnic area. The bones and all other trash they can throw in the beach or if they are environment friendly into the sea. All this for free, of course. Anything else?