We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

I have been going back and forth to this beautiful province of marble, white sand beaches and beautiful people. Sometimes it is isolated due to the lack of public transport. But this is just like Boracay before it became so commercialized. if you want a feel of the rustic and real, come and visit Romblon and surrounding gem islands like Logbon, Alad and Cobrador. Once a year, a big European cruise ship stops at the provincial capital of Romblon (also named Romblon) for a tour of the islands. But why can't i click on it as a destination I have been to and how can we change that?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

hi -u can add new destinations -if u go to ur travel map -but u have to put in city name ,

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

It is not on the TA database.

Arizona
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

I agree, just add a destination and make a good & honest review,. and wait for TA's admin to accept your review. ^_^

Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

Hi all. I tried adding it to the travel map but what registers is Luzon: Philippines. Map says there is no unpinned location in the area... Hope they can fix it so i can write a post about ROMBLON. Philitourist, FSRP01 and clareirishman - thanks for replying.

Edited: 29 April 2010, 18:25
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
2,090 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

Through the Help Us Make Trip Advisor Better ('HUMTAB') forum, some weeks ago I asked if TA's listings could accurately reflect geographical names.

For instance at present, TA listings only show 'Negros' whereas in fact there are actually two provinces, N. Occidental and N. Oriental.

TA_Wes (TA staff member) replied that the TA editors would discuss it. It may be worth locating my post (I used the term 'Filipino provinces I think) and contributing to the discussion there, and also privately emailing TA_Wes as I agree with you that areas like Romblon may not be separately identified on the TA database and they should be.

In its own small way, recognition by TA of a place will assist in generating sustainable employment opportunities for more Filipino families. Tourism is not perfect and there are challenges in providing infrastructure (roads, sewerage, water and particularly the railways that the Philippines lacks) but it can bring many benefits to local residents, as well as delightful holidays to those who come from near and far.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
2,090 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

Here is the link to previous discussion about Filipino provinces not being listed by TA's database:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…25875999

You may care to contribute under that thread. Many thanks!

Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

Hi Victor

Thanks for the advise. I will try your suggestion.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

I am a regular visitor to Romblon and have even reserved a plot of land there. But I'm reluctant to publisize it too much, as what makes the place so nice is that it is quiet and not crawling with tourists.

Manila
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

Hi Sirrena

I think you would agree that ROMBLON is a gem of a place for those who have had too much of the Boracay commercialization trend. Unlike Boracay, ROMBLON is big enough to accommodate the influx of tourists. Also, there are three big major islands that have varied offers.

My grandmother hails from there and i too have my own plot of beach land there which I visit often. i just want to put it in the map to be fair.

Also, there are already many foreign residents there who have transferred from Boracay. This apart from the place being in Lonely Planet already which gives it a share of its European tourists and residents. So I guess the secret is already out.

I love the place and it should be mapped.

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why isn't ROMBLON on the map?

What's the best route to get to Romblon from Manila, via Caticlan or is there an easier way?