We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Seattle
Level Contributor
365 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Is it true that Station 2 is the best area to stay? And where is Shangri-La?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Each station has its own charms, and which is best really depends on the kind of vacation you like. The stations are all walking distance along the beach, so you can visit other stations. Read through the other posts for a description of what each station is like.

Shangrila is not on the famous white beach

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Look at www.openstreetmap.org/… -- Shangri-La is at the top left. Zoom and pan the map to get a better view or to look at other items. That map is neither complete nor completely accurate,, but it is useful nonetheless.

Shangri-La's architects and builders re-landscaped the northwest corner of the island. My guess is that some visitors to Shangri-La never see Boracay outside of the Shangri-La compound.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Check myboracayguide.com/beaches-resorts-rooms-acc… for the stations and their location on the island. Shangri-La is in the area with number 5

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

best area to stay depends on your budget, interests, family style, and noise level tolerance....Once you can define that, then its easier to seek advice...Shangri la as pointed out, is a place unto itself...thank you..

Austria
Level Contributor
119 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Shangri-La is a great place to stay in every way. But "long" distance to some action in Boat Station Two. It's up to you what you want.......

I had once dinner there, the Hotel is huge big and really nice,

but quite expensive too. If you come with your wife/girlfriend very good, otherwise boring!

Seattle
Level Contributor
365 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate all your feedback. I am looking for luxury, but good nightlife, white sand beaches, I want it all. :)

Shangri-La sounds heavenly, but i guess i'm not looking to just stay at the resort. I want to be able to venture out - without having to worry about transportation back and forth. Especially at night.

So for good beaches (perferably white), good nightlife, if you are young and adventorous - but also have kids, which is the best station? Oh and money is not that much of an issue. Although, Shangri-La is too spendy for me.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Check out discovery Shores at Station 1. It's perhaps the most luxurious (and pricey) resort along white beach but is walkable to get to Station 2 where most of the nightlife is. The best part of the beach is likewise just in front of the hotel and is also good for kids. Just a notch down would be Friday's also in Station 1. You may read the reviews on this site.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

Stations 1, 2 and 3 refer to geographical regions on White Beach.

Shangri La, on the other hand, is not on White Beach. It is quite some distance away. If you want seclusion it might suit you, but to enjoy all that White Beach has to offer - bars, restaurants, shopping etc, some people find the distance inconvenient.

I disagree that station 2 is the best area to stay,but this is just a personal opinion. My reasons are that it is the most crowded and noisy area, lots of vendors and blaring music from almost every bar.

Past station 1 towards the north of White Beach is much quieter, and home to some nice luxurious resorts such as Fridays.

South of station 3 is also quiet, and has mostly value-for-money resorts.

Seattle
Level Contributor
365 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

@ bryantpark88 & Sirenna, I'll defeinitely be looking at staying at Station 1 at Fridays or Discovery Shores. Discovery Shores sounds amazing.

Does anyone know if you can get a cheaper rate, if you booked with a travel agent from the Philippines, or directly with the hotel/resorts. Or do locals get a bigger discount. I have tons of family that obviously live in the Philippines...they would probably be coming with us anyway. Does anyone know if they were to make the reservations, would they get a cheaper rate?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What station is Shangri-La in Boracay located?

It's worth a try. Check the rates at www.myboracayguide.com and compare with the hotel's own quote.