We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

which is better?

both are actually giving me a same package.

price range is somewhat similar.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

WHen are you going..the area still floods near tropics if bad rain..have not seen much of that though this rainy season..Tropics is really nice inside..but further from the beach than beachcomber.which is just across the street..Its a bit of a noisy area where Tropics is..beachcomber is on main street also, but a bit back off it and that area is not as congested on the main street..but beach is across that street from them...Read the reviews of both....if Tropics was not in that location, I would lean towards them...but with all said and done, beachcomber may be best...beach access is the tipper in my opinion..

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

one vote beachcomber

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

Both hotels are on the main road, but Beachcomber wins in terms of location and proximity to the beach. Tropics is in an area prone to flooding and often choked with traffic, noise and fumes.

Do you particularly want a roadside hotel as there are other nice options (for a similar price) on the beach.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

Beachcomber

Don't forget: in Beachcomber you could hear maybe the thump-thump from the Discos nearby - while at Tropics you have the constant noise of tricycles, trucks and motrobikes

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

plan your intimate time accordingly at BeachComber and the thumb thump will be you..

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

LoL @ lefto!

I have seen Tropics from the outside and its beautiful. But the location is a disappointment. Noisy & fuel smell all the time & away from the beach, made me wonder why some people choose the place.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

I agree. When there are so many decent hotels on the beachfront, why do people knowingly pick such a bad location? It isn't necessarily any cheaper than beachfront accommodation.

There are several big hotels along the dirty main road and though they may be nice inside, you step out into an awful sight.

Some tourists have been duped by travel agents who don't inform them of where their hotel is located, instead showing pretty pictures of White Beach!

8. Re: beachcomber vs boracay tropics?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 05:15