We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

bundaberg
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

Can someone tell me the quickest way to get from Kalibo airport to Boracay im a little confused!! flying from Brisbane Australia to Manila to Kalibo??? I've been told you can't fly direct to Caticlan on charter flights if this is true can someone tell me how I book these?

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

No need to be confused: There are two airports within a 100 Km radius: Kalibo airport for bigger airplanes and 1.5 hours drive/boat away from Boracay or Caticlan airport right next to Boracay, but on the so-called mainland.

If you wnt to go faster from Kalibo to Boracay you would have to rent a helicopter, which is possible, but expensive.

More information: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294260-i6038-Bora… and there look on the right side, the vertical navigator titled Top Questions about Boracay.....

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,557 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

dont worry, the L300 drivers drive really fast....but you may want to ask them to slow down....and take your time to get to Caticlan..then Boracay...

bundaberg
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

What is a L300 driver and where will I find one at Kalibo?

Seems like a long drive after such a big flight, was thinking of flying from Manila to Caticlan any suggestions on this?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,557 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

walk out of the airport.the van drivers or L300 will find you .....yes, Caticlan arrival is much easier..for sure...Kalibo is a nice scenic route to Caticlan though...

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

L300 are vans waiting outside of Kalibo airport. Mitsubishi L300 = vans. Colgate = toothpaste. I kodak you = I photograph you, etc.

Better to fly to Caticlan. That reduces your travelling time from Manila to Boracy substantially

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,821 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

These airlines land in Caticlan Airport:

flyseair.com

cebupacificair.com

airphilexpress.com

If you don't have issues flying in a small turboprop plane then just book a flight to Caticlan with either of those airlines

Edited: 14 October 2010, 16:25
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

For ease of convenience I always fly directly into Caticlan whenever possible. It saves a 1.5 hour bus or L300 trip from Kalibo to Caticlan jetty.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

I actually read your question. I see that you said that you were flying from Brisbane Australia to Manila to Kalibo. Leftovertoo and Davi-Boy provided useful responses which addressed your questions. Not to worry -- just follow the crowd of people getting off your airplane.

9. Re: Flights from Kalibo to Caticlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 05:16