We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

Quezon City...
5 posts
Save Topic
any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

Hi, we are planning to settle down in boracay, and i have a 5 year old boy, is there a aschool nearby? Hope i can get answers here.

Thank you

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

there are several schools, including an international school...I suggest you get to Boracay and check all of them out....

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

Try the Boracay European Intl School : boracayinternationalschool.org/pages/home.php

Quezon City...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

thank u, hope u can name names of schools nearby so i can google it, but thanak u so much.... it will help a lot

Mac

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

The Island international School (not to be confused with the European International School) is a reputable non-profit making school with good facilities, teaching the British curriculum.

Quezon City...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

thank u will check that online

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

We looked into schools years ago....I strongly suggest before you choose any school and before people throw around certifications......ask what is the education of the school master or principal and what is the education of the teachers who will teach your child. Where do you plan to live in the future in relationship to the type of education one will receive at these schools. You may be surprised as we were to see the level of education at Boracay schools as compared to schools off island. Most of the owners that we have met of businesses have sent their children off island for a proper education. Even years ago when Brent International was there, the graduates were not up to par with their colleagues when they transferred we were told. IT all comes back to the level of education of those who teach your child and the accountability. I know this is where I will get attacked by Bura and Sirenna, but we thoroughly researched this years ago, and decided ageist Boracay schools for the reasons stated. Also one other thing….As nice as Boracay seems to be, it is great for vacations, but not a great place to raise children with a lack of extra curriculum activities etc. not to mention other needed services to be lacking for a well rounded education and upbringing of children. This of course may not apply to a 5 year old till she grows older.

Edited: 09 February 2011, 09:18
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

Leftovertoo, I don't attack people!

As far as the schools go, what was the case when you researched it years ago may not be the case now.

It is well worth checking out the International Schools as many parents are full of praise for them. Extra curricular activities are now available too.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

Here's their website:

http://islandhomeschool.info/home.html

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

sorry sirrenna..i know u dont attack per se...

Manila
Level Contributor
993 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: any schools nearby in the island of boracay for 5 yr old?

The topic is about a 5 year old kid. For this age there are good schools in Boracay and the extra curriculum activities are not that important, resp. they are available, though not in such a big choices as in other places (if you really want to compare that to Europe or US). And if the parents have a pro-active approach to education of their kids there should be no problem for a couple of years. And the parents who send their kids to school abroad at the age of 5 were very few and a long time ago, as Sirenna pointed out.