We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Small Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
Seeking Small Hotel

It has been almost ten years since my last visit to Boracay and I'm on the way back to attend a wedding in a few months. I have been told that things have changed almost beyond recognition, and the places I remember from back then have mostly all closed down to make way for big development.

Hence my question: can you guys please recommend me a small, friendly hotel, inn or guesthouse, affordable ( as in, value for money, not flashy ) but not cheap or dirty. Preferably by the beach or fairly close to it.

And away from loud music, discos and similar annoyances.

Is it still possible to find this kind of accommodation in Boracay?

Thanks in advance.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

Yes, it is possible. However, mind telling us what budget you have in mind and where would the wedding and other related activities be taking place? These should help us narrow down our recommendations.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

The wedding is at Fridays, but I don't specifically need to be in that area. Boracay is small after all. Any place that fits the bill. Can you get a reasonable room for around P3000 these days or am I kidding myself?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

Hit Station 3 area..Orchids, Ocean Breeze, Daves Straw Hat Inn, Turtle Inn and Blue mango...all off beach, except Blue Mango..which is on beach...All family run..read the reviews here on trip Advisor......Also, in the area is Roys Rendezvous..but difficult to book in advance with them..we tried it to no avail.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

About all that leftovertoo suggested are highly rated on TA and should fall within your budget. Try and check out the reviews here and their site to know more which one would best suit your requirements.

Boracay
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

It's also worth checking the Bulabog area because prices are lower than on White Beach and the (mostly residential) area is less noisy and has quite a few small, family-run hotels. From Bulabog it is only a five minute walk to the mall and a few more to White Beach. Check out Lazy Dog, Blue Bayou, Pahuwayan or Levantin, just to name a few.

travelling
Level Contributor
384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

I suggest looking up Ocean Breeze, Island Jewel Inn, Blue Mango, Orchid's Resort and Dave's Straw Hat Inn.

7. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 16:59
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

It is obviously not copied and pasted! There are some different places mentioned. Others are allowed to have an opinion too you know! And if more than one person recommends the same hotel, well it tells tourists that the place is probably decent.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

Dave's Straw Hat Inn or the Lazy Dog? I can't decide. Contacting both to see what the best rate I can get is. Is being in BS 3 or the other side better?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

I would stay on white beach side..boat station 3 area is fine..Some nice places nearby to eat, drink etc...and not far from the action of station 2..