We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Small Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
Seeking Small Hotel

It has been almost ten years since my last visit to Boracay and I'm on the way back to attend a wedding in a few months. I have been told that things have changed almost beyond recognition, and the places I remember from back then have mostly all closed down to make way for big development.

Hence my question: can you guys please recommend me a small, friendly hotel, inn or guesthouse, affordable ( as in, value for money, not flashy ) but not cheap or dirty. Preferably by the beach or fairly close to it.

And away from loud music, discos and similar annoyances.

Is it still possible to find this kind of accommodation in Boracay?

Thanks in advance.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

Red Coconut pool is not conducive to swimming at dinner time or when that area is mobbed.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

I have not seen anybody and I have not heard anything about people complaining about the pool being used at diner time! I think the concerns are more in the imagination of the people who post here. Red coconuts pool is sometimes cramped sometimes empty and each one can choose his/her preferences, isn't-it?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,107 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

As a regular guest of Red Coconut I enjoy a dip in their pool whether in the morning, afternoon or night. I find their pool very conducive even at night... I don't know any reason why I would shy away.

I also read the reviews of Red Coconut and there's no mention about the pool being mobbed.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

read again...the area mobbed, not the pool..

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,107 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

Yeah... I mean that, sorry for the typo, hahaha ;-)

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

Either way, the original poster want as place away from loud music and crowds, Red Coconut probably isn't ideal for her family.

Most hotels in Angol are suitable BUT avoid Tree House Resort as they now have a VERY loud live band outside which would cause annoyance if you dislike excessively loud music, especially late at night. Nearby Surfside Resort is also being affected by the noise pollution.

travelling
Level Contributor
384 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

Ugh! How is just one place allowed to spoil the area for all?

I have friends going to stay at Blue Mango next month. Can you hear it much there?

28. Re: Seeking Small Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 05:18