We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila to Catilina

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manila to Catilina

Hi

Am booked for Borocay in March 12 for 2 weeks have been looking for flights manila to catilina cost wise and not had much luck but found Manila to Kabilo have searched forum to see what the trip is like from Kabilo found i takes 11/2 hours but how hard is it. Also does anyone know how cheap snorkling gear is in Borocay or do you take your own with you.

Thank you in advance for any replys

Long Jetty

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila to Catilina

try this link...for Cheap Catalina Island to Manila Flights

wego.com/flights/airfares/catalina-island-av…

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila to Catilina

...LEFTO? ....help the poster! You KNOW what he's asking and with your expertise can provide the answers.

....no need for sarcasm.

....enjoy Boracay except algae starts blooming in the month of March(shucks!!)..:-(

Papalo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila to Catilina

I know, I was just joking..but got pulled away before I could give answer..sorry..

The Kalibo trip is near 2 hours...it is scenic and not bad to CATICLAN...I have taken it many many times. I prefer to fly into Caticlan directly, but the costs can be outrageous to do so, especially for frequent travelers. You can get good deals into Caticlan also though, but overall Kalibo is cheaper. Use southwest or a similar transfer service to get you to Caticlan and over to Boracay. They have a nice bus, comfortable and it makes all easier, especially the chaos at Caticlan Port....

Snorkeling gear can be rented at many dive shops, some hotels may have it.count on P150 per day for snorkel and mask...no fins. If you carry your own, your risk overweight on the plane and related charges.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila to Catilina

Thanks guys appreciate your input ( and defence haha) yes at the moment the prices to catilina with cebu is a bit $$$$ so thats why i looked for an alternative maybe will hang off for awhile maybe something cheaper will come off. Will take own mask etc. but as you say weight is a problem particularly with us women

cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila to Catilina

Thanks Oslo did it again Caticlan (am old)

cheers

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila to Catilina

its okay..Catalina is also a great place ha ha

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,846 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila to Catilina

Kalibo used to be the only airport serving Boracay way before they constructed Caticlan Airport. And way back then, part of the joy of going to Boracay is the scenic ride from Kalibo to Caticlan.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila to Catilina

The ride from Kalibo to Caticlan takes approximately 1.5 hours. These days the transportation is pretty comfortable, especially the Ceres bus, though I find the journey a bit tedious.

You really can pack light for Boracay - no need to bring snorkel masks as they can be rented cheaply here. Same goes for heavy bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mosquito spray, aftersun, sunblock etc. All are readily available here, including well known international brands. Books often weigh down your luggage, but you can buy new and used books at Boracay Book Store in the Plazoleta near station 2 or rent / swap them at the book exchange at Dave's Straw Hat Inn.

Global
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila to Catilina

Kegler - how wrong: "Kalibo used to be the only airport serving Boracay way before they constructed Caticlan Airport".

Caticlan has an airport since WWII - it was built by the Japanese and it was a grass strip. Pacific Air used to fly there in the 80's and early 90's. So Kalibo was not the only airport serving Boracay, isn't-it?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila to Catilina

I flew into Caticlan in 1990....small place then..