We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
5 posts
Save Topic
Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

I know this topic has been discussed before but I just want to ask for some detailed answer regarding my problem.

our flight (there are 8 of us) leaves manila around 3:30pm and expected to be in kalibo at around 4:30pm, I read that we still need to ride a van or bus to go to caticlan. how do we find them? where do we need to buy tickets? how long will the kalibo-caticlan trip take? let's say it's abt 2hrs so we arrive there around 6:30pm or 7p, I also read somewhere before that if it's already dark, the ferry/boat ride from the jetty port gets complicated. why? can one ferry accommodate all 8 of us? what other things should we know or worry about from the transfers?

any assistance would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance and God bless! :D

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

As soon as you exit Kalibo airport, you'll be greeted be a gang of taxi drivers clamouring to take you to Boracay! Just jump in one of the L300 vans (costs around P150) and you'll be there (Caticlan) in around an hour and a half.

manila
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

thanks sirenna. how about the trip from caticlan to boracay? what other things should we know?

also, if we expect to arrive in the island at around 7pm , will the resorts from station3 accommodate us even if we don't have prior reservations? we're planning to go there on 9/28/2006-9/30/2006, since it is the off-peak season, we think room accommodations won't be bad. also, how's the weather at around that time?

thanks for the help.

3. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2006, 14:08
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

In September there will be plenty of vacant rooms around station 3 - you can take your pick! You'll also get some great rates if you haggle a bit. Check out Dave's Straw Hat Inn (www.davesstrawhatinn.com) and Alyssa Resort (www.alyssaresort.com).

There's no need to book in advance during low season.

us
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

if you haven't bought your plane tix yet, better get the caticlan flights as these will save you 1.5hrs of bus/van ride. been to boracay just recently and got exhausted with the trip. air-land-sea. the small planes flying to caticlan aren't that bad. will make your trip a lot easier. go for those.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

I agree - Caticlan is so much more convenient.

Manila
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

Southwest Tours provides a shuttle and ferry service from Kalibo Airport to Boracay. It's hassle-free and stress-free because you don't need to deal with various parties in getting a better transport rate from Kalibo to Caticlan and doing it again in Caticlan going to Boracay. They have rental counters/booths at Kalibo Airport

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

How much do they charge?

Kalibo
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

I mostly use Southwest Tours Shuttle bus when im traveling to Boracay. costs P150. The other bus company is RM Boracay Tours Shuttle Bus also cost P150.

Both Buses are Airconditioned. and are much more comfortable & secure than taking an old L300.

Onboard the bus. Seats are comfortable Modern and Plenty of room. You get a good view of the countryside and the view on the right side of the bus gives you a good view of the coast along the way.. There is also a Onboard Tv which sometimes they use.. sometimes not.

It takes H1:25 to get from the Kalibo Airport .. through kalibo city center and all the way to Caticlan.

I usually jump on at Numancia.. They will stop if requested as its on the way.

They used to include the Cost of the Banka from Caticlan to Boracay but not anymore. now the Ferry terminal is in place. you still need to pay a small terminal fee for the Banka (ferry). There is a Bagagge check there now. and Ferrys are Paid for at the terminal. Unless youve prepaid.

Some Resorts and tour operators have already charged for this.

I Agree that Its Hassle free to travel from Kalibo Airport to Caticlan.. If you use Southwest Tours Bus Operated by Cedric Sazon or RM Boracay tours bus operated by Romeo Lumio.

Theyre not usually the drivers but theyre the guys that run the companies.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kalibo-Caticlan-Boracay transfers

I have recently been told that some airlines are offering free Kalibo-Caticlan transport for their pax. I remember the Asian Spirit jet flight to kalibo meing mentioned, and perhaps Cebu Pacific as well. I haven't checked this out.