We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

Hi there,

Does any know if there's an ATM in Kalibo international airport? I will need some pesos on arrival to pay for the transportation to Boracay.

Is it easy to sort out the transportation on arrival (around noon)?

I wonder if I should jut get on one of the vans at the airport to Caticlan or pre-arrange a tranfer.

Does South West only operate for pre-booked passengers?

Many thanks in advance.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

are u travelling to kalibo via manila ? best to exchange at manila airport or money changer there

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

Change some money either at Manila airport or in your country.

Don't take the risk.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

mh -there are no places here u can get peso -not too sure about london .

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

claire - What I mean is OP either change it in London or when he transit in MNL airport. ^__^

As for transfer, if you are taking APX, you can refer to this,

http://www.airphilexpress.com/southwest.php

Hope this helps.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

yes i know what u mean but unlike asian countries -european countries dont have peso

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

real answer...you can use southwest when you arrive, they have a desk at the airport or just ask, they are everywhere...its easy to make the transfer on your own if you wish..they will find you or u can do iit with southwest. How long will you be in Manila, change money there. I do not recall seeing an ATM but there are money changes around..what currency do you carry. Can you carry USA. Southwest may take it if USA and that will get you all the way to your hotel. Others will gladly take it as well but expect a poor rate. Euros may be okay but GBP may not. If you want to know if southwest will take it or not , let me know your currency and I will find out for you before I leave in two days.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

whats with real answer? we both said to change in manila if possible ,most banks have atms - being from london -most likely they use sterling -if have to bring $ -then 2 fees to change .

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

"european countries dont have peso"

Wow. This is something new to me. Thanks for letting me know. Learn something new today. :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

but u can get USD in London..if you can NOT get pesos...

which will suffice till they get all done...and at hotel..

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kalibo Airport transfer to Boracay

There's no need to bring dollars and have to change your money twice and pay double fees. You'll have no problem changing UK pounds in the Philippines. Do this in the airport in Manila to save hassle in Kalibo. Get as many small notes as you can - at least P1000 worth of mixed P100, P50 and P20 notes to pay for snacks, porters, transport etc. Don't carry too much cash on your person as there are plenty of ATMs in Boracay to take out more. You can take Southwest tours from Kalibo or just hop in one of the waiting vans. Either way you can't get lost - you'll be directed all the way.