We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Boracay alone!

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ulsan, Ulsan, South...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In Boracay alone!

Hello all!

I arrived in Boracay 2 days ago and I've kind of exhausted what I can do by myself. Where are some good places I could go to meet some interesting fun people?

I'm starting to get a little lonely here...

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,315 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Boracay alone!

just hit any of the bars along the beach....many places to hang out. if your male, the girls will find you on the beach at night....

London, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Boracay alone!

Go to Charlhs bar around 9pm and listen to the live music. Tell Mel the bald headed tatooed fella behind the bar that Martin from London says hello ;). After that, around 11ish head up towards Summer Place, if you feel lonely there then things are depserate. You won't be alone for long if you grab a seat just outside the bar ;) Just lok in the general direction of a pretty lady on the beach side of the path and you'll be smiling before you know it. Don't worry, they are all very nice and not overpowering like some bars in Manila etc.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: In Boracay alone!

....just flash those US greenbacks or 1k pesos denomination and your " friends" will be all over you and some "fans" will be following you around..

....that surely will remedy your loneliness.

....be sensible, be true and sincere, be friendly to the locals. They'll be the ones to make your vacation memorable.

....enjoy ....:-)

Papalo

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Boracay alone!

Seems everyone is making the assumption that you are looking for hookers. If that's the case, rest assured that they will find you, and you don't have to look. The bigger bars tend to be more open to this. If you just want to meet fellow travelers and interesting people, try the smaller bars such as Exit Bar.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Boracay alone!

Seems everyone is making the assumption that you are looking for hookers. If that's the case, rest assured that they will find you, and you don't have to look. The bigger bars tend to be more open to this. If you just want to meet fellow travelers and interesting people, try the smaller bars such as Exit Bar.

Ulsan, Ulsan, South...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: In Boracay alone!

I do not want a hooker, gross.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: In Boracay alone!

Just my two cents but if you start at Nigi Nigi for happy hour/sunset and then work your way north to Dejavu, Juice, Exit, and then Summer Place with maybe a hop over to Epic you will for sure find some new friends.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,315 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Boracay alone!

girls in bars are not hookers...

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In Boracay alone!

Some of the girls who approach you in bars ARE most definitely hookers. But not all, obviously!

London, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In Boracay alone!

You said you were lonely, what is wrong with a bit of female company? You don't have to sleep with them, but buy them a couple of drinks, make it clear that you just fancy a bit of company and a chat etc, they will treat you well and make your evening entertaining, someone to dance with, someone to chat with etc. Doesn't have to be seedy.

Alternatively you could get involved with a male crowd of boisterous young surfer types who think throwing shot after shot down their neck and being as loud as possible is having fun.

Choice is yours.