We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

8 posts
Save Topic
Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

Hi, me n my fiancee is planning to get married in boracay. A very simple, laid back and quick wedding with 5 pr less guests in mind.. Anyone happen to know someone who can help us arrange/get a certificate? I have the documents with me ready. The only thing we cant do is to stay and wait in boracay until the 10day posting finish. Fyi, both of us are living overseas, and will be in boracay for just a week. Is this possible? Any valued suggestion/insight is greatly appreciated.

Godbless!

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

Amanda Tirol of Boracay Wddings is the foremost wedding coordinator in Boracay, handling both big and small weddings. You might want to try if she can help:

http://www.boracayweddings.com.ph/

http://www.facebook.com/boracayweddings

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,043 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

I agree with the suggestion of bryantpark88. I attended at least 2 weddings in Boracay which was organized by Boracay Weddings and they are both professionally done.

8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

Hi thanks for that! I had sent an inquirythru the website. I hope she cn help me with the papers. Reception matters, not a particular. It can be arranged quickly. I only worry about the cert. :)

Thanks!

8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

@kegler, thanks!

Edited: 12 June 2012, 06:26
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

there has been some recent complaints about Amanda, not being present at the wedding, allowing or designating others to do her job, being a bit removed from the process. These are very recent as in past it was done fine, seems she is delegating more and getting away now from it as much as possible.

You also MAY need to be on island as there are meetings that you need to attend. Who are you marrying, are you or your Fiance Filipino, foreigners etc. Where did you get your list if requirements, are they current. .

6. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 June 2012, 06:50
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

Was the complaint just that she delegated? Or was there a problem with the service? The boss of a busy and successful business will have to delegate at times. You can't do it all yourself. If the staff are properly trained and know their job it should not be a problem.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

problem was, she is supposed to be there, she wasn't we understand when things went wrong, as does happens so often with weddings. She delegated and left.

8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

@ leftovertoo, thanks for the info.

My only concern is the acquisition/application of the marriage cert. I want it ready before we arrive in Boracay, probably 1 or 2 days before our set solemnization date. I am a local and my fiance is foreigner. The documents we had are the current requirements which I got from the Municipals registry office, so I am confident there wouldn't be a problem in the papers. I am not really looking for a wedding coordinator to do the usual wedding planning, etc. Just somebody who can arrange for us the certificate and solemnization stuffs. The ceremony shall be the simplest one.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know a person/wedding liason in boracay

saga, for Boracay I believe they require you to attend a meeting, which may be true for all Philippines. Also, dont forget your spouse to be has to have permission to marry from his home country. . Some, have a Boracay ceremony, but an official ceremony in other places. Who will marry you on Boracay, mayor??