We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Station 1 hotels & misc questions

Houston,Texas
Level Contributor
329 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Station 1 hotels & misc questions

Hey all! Quick question for you guys:

1. Is it easy to book a flight in the Philippines from Manila to Caticlan? We don't have a set itinerary yet, so I can't book ahead of time.

2. Can you list the Station 1 hotels that are most recommended? I've sifted thru the forum and these are what I came up with:

Fridays

Boracay Beach Resort

Seawind

Waling-waling Resort

True Home Hotel

Regency Boracay

Jony's

Nami Village

White House Resort

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR #1, #2, and #3 RANKED CHOICES?

Many thanks in advance!

Philippines
Level Contributor
279 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

in order of my preference: fridays, waling-waling and seawind.

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

i agree with zephyr as long as budget is not an issue. those are more expensive hotels. (btw, no more construction noise around fridays?)

otherwise, mine would be #1 white house beach resort (for a quieter area and wider, cleaner and more gently-sloping beach in front) #2 true home hotel

Manila
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

For sure, Fridays, Seawind and Waling Waling are the top.

An alternate choice would be White House, True Home, Nigi Nigi Too.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

Hi! It's hard to rank the hotels because it really depends on what your looking for. Some other things to consider aside from your budget:

1. what's the size of your group?

2. what kind of accommodations are you looking for?

Each of the places you listed has its own features. For example, Jony's is very homey but the rooms aren't beachfront, Nami is very secluded (with a private beach) but quite a distance from everyone else, etc. etc.

BTW, Boracay Beach Resort and Regency are on Station 2.

Houston,Texas
Level Contributor
329 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

Thanks for the replies!

Vanilla_bean: We are a group of 5-6. Preferrably beach front...though a short walk doesn't bother us at all. We're not very picky, but would like to stay where the beach is clean & quiet.

I'm hearing these hotels are $150-200 a night, is that true? Are they worth the price?

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

I guess if your going after holy week, booking a flight won't be a problem.

My Personal choice if budget is not an issue:

1. White House

2. Fridays

3. Sea Wind

4. Waling Waling

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

Hi again.

Booking flights from Manila to Caticlan is easy, but during the summer season (March to early June) flights are pretty full (specially weekends), so book as soon as you know your schedule or you might end up having to change your hotel bookings as well.

Station 1 is quiet compared to Stations 2 & 3, and more so the further north you go.

Chronoligically (did I spell that right?) the resorts are arranged this way:

Jony's / True Home / Waling Waling / Seawind / White House / Fridays / Nami

Nami is on a different beach altogether and has rooms on the hillside, so this would be the most quiet. It's very isolated, but I think they have a private motor boat to take guests to the busier places on the island.

Seawind, Fridays & Waling get positive feedback from most of the guests. They are more expensive, but have well maintained facilities and service.

Whitehouse has newly renovated rooms, but I haven't heard much about them yet.

True Home & Jony's are smaller establishments, which is good if you like cozier settings.

www.namiboracay.com

www.seawindbora.com

www.waling.com

www.fridaysboracay.com

www.truehomehotel.com

www.whitehouseboracay.com

www.jonysboracay.com (this is just a reservation site run by a different company. you may want to contact Jony's directly at jonys@boracay.i-next.net)

I'm partial to Seawind and True Home.

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

i like white house coz' their bar "Wetlands" serves happiest hour 7am-7pm. 50% off on all drinks plus its by the pool ;) i stayed at their super deluxe room, i think these are their new rooms (new beds and beddings). look for john from the bar he'll be more than willing to buy your steak/prawns dinner from monterey meat shop and the market have them cook it any style you like and have them set up your dinner table by the beach whaalah perfect setting for a perfect vacation.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

1. Fridays

2. True Home

3. White House

then all the others and the last one on my list is Waling Waling.

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Station 1 hotels & misc questions

billydgates, since you stayed in white house resort, would you know how different is the de luxe from the super de luxe room? also, their site lists "queen size" accommodation. how does this differ from the de luxe room?

noticed they have just significantly increased their rates. must be due to the surge of demand? de luxe room for 2,000 pesos is now 3,150 pesos during off-peak! same price as true home hotel's beachfront de luxe. latter doesn't come with pool amenities but has good view of the sea.