We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much pesos do i need?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
How much pesos do i need?

Hello,

My husband and I will be spending 2 nights/3days in Boracay. We are flying from Singapore and will have about 3 hours from the time we land in NAIA to transfer to AirPhil for flight to Caticlan.

Can someone please tell me approximately how much local currency do we need to cover taxi from terminal 1 to 3, departure taxes (Manila to Caticlan, Kalibo to Manila, fees in Caticlan jetty (both ways). And any other expenses we need to be ready for upon arrival. Is there money exchange where AirPhil departs from?

Our land & boat transfers are already paid for and done thru our hotel.

THANK YOU!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
20 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much pesos do i need?

There is a foreign exchange counter in NAIA terminal 3. I'm pretty sure there's one in NAIA terminal 1 too.

Your taxi should not exceed PHP 100 if you're taking an ordinary taxi. I don't know how much it would take if you'd ride an airport taxi from Terminal 1 to 3, but it should be cheap, as these two places aren't too far from each other.

You'll also need to pay a terminal fee of PHP 200 per person for your domestic flight.

I've never been to Bora so I don't know how much the boat costs and how much the terminal fee in Caticlan is.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,730 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much pesos do i need?

The bank in T1 is located between immigration and the exit from customs. It tends to offer a better rate than other foreign exchange dealers on Boracay Island.

Please remember that the island is correctly called 'Boracay' - 'Bora' is half the name of 'Bora Bora' which is in French Polynesia. Boracay locals find it offensive to shorten the true 'Boracay' name so let's all respect that.

las vegas
Level Contributor
597 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much pesos do i need?

One time Environmental Fee of P75/p....Terminal Fee P50/p. to and from Boracay.....

california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much pesos do i need?

Thank you all very much for your replies. They are helpful in figuring out how much USD I need to exchange to local currencies.

Good day!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,211 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much pesos do i need?

figure about P1500 or lets say $40 USD..Travel with more than that in your pocket.

rasecollidab, the fees are not corrrenct, is P175 total on arrival

There is no such place in Philipines called Bora, sorry.

california
Level Contributor
790 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much pesos do i need?

Dear leftovertoo,

Thanks for providing the more accurate fee...Ph175 is that for the environmental fee in Caticlan?

If you don't mind, can you provide an approximate budget allowance for our trip ( 2 1/2 days & 2 nights). Our breakfast are already included in our hotel rate. We need to budget for lunch & dinner (mod. to expensive) for two people for 2 days; have a drink or 2 for one night to listen to live music (we don't drink much); tricycle to go from one station to the other and incidentals for snacks & beverage; tips. go on island hopping and do paraw sailing on sunset.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Lena.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much pesos do i need?

You don't really need to take trikes between boat stations are they are only a few minutes walk apart anyway. A decent meal starts at around P250 + if you are not eating in budget places. Beer and live music at Bom Bom Bar is affordable. Around P70 for a San Mig Light or Rum Coke. Sunset paraw cruise P600 - P800 per hour depending on the size of the boat. Don't pay more than this. Some crews try to charge P1000+ and then don't even give you the full hour. And yes, using the slang 'Bora' is widely frowned upon in Boracay.

8. Re: How much pesos do i need?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 10:17