We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
846 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do?

For people who aren't into sitting on the beach all day, shopping, or doing the nightclub scene at night, is there much to do in Boracay? From what I read it seems like Boracay is beautiful, but as far as things to do it's eating, shopping, and hanging on the beach with not much else. Is my perception off? Thanks.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k291…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,622 posts
1,573 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do?

If you look to the right that is where link Clare found the link under Top Questions.

If you look to the left there is a list of things to do as ranked by TA members. Its always best to look if the information is already available on the forum. Mostly common questions like that are.

Tommo

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do?

Yes, your perception is off. There's loads to do in Boracay.

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do?

There are other things to do but the beach, shopping and the bar scene are a major reason people come to Boracay. If your looking for the big city experience best look elsewhere.

USA
Level Contributor
846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do?

Thanks. I looked at the Top Questions on TA and the answers/information on TA before I posted my question, which is how I got that impression. Definitely not looking for big city. How is the snorkeling compared to places like Phi Phi, Roatan, and the north shore of Bali? Are there good shows? Interesting culture? Mixing with locals, or is it mainly tourists? History? Hiking? Biking? Beautiful drives? Thanks much.

Edited: 31 August 2012, 06:32
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do?

Diving, water sports, boating, sail boats, SPA, beach massage, golf, cliff diving etc. etc...

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do?

I wouldn't say people come to Boracay for shopping. There's not that much on sale apart from souvenirs and tacky tourist t-shirts. But there's no excuse to be bored. You can spend a whole day sailing around the coast, visiting different beaches and snorkeling. There are caves on nearby Laurel Island and hiking to Agnaga waterfalls on Panay Island. On Boracay you can go horseriding, scuba diving, skimboarding, windsurfing, kiteboarding, golf, zipline, parasailing, helicopter tours, mountain biking and more...

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do?

Or, kick back with your favorite beverage and do nothing.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do?

I can just sit on the white beach and see the boats pass by.

Of course, pretty girls in bikini is a nice bonus. :p

When the sunset comes, my best memories is watching it on a sailing boat.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,622 posts
1,573 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do?

MH Im telling your wife :)