We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philippines
9 posts
Save Topic
Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

Which resort is best? Ambassador in Paradise is a 5 star hotel but a friend recommended Red Coconut, since thats where they stayed last 2009.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

:)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

I havent stayed at either, but having walked white beach, I do like the location of Ambassador, in a good beachfront location in station 1. Very clean, and also close to Fridays, which you too could consider. I am sure you will get many reccomendations from other contibutors

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,208 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

I would read the reviews first and with all being said, I wold go with Ambassador if I had to make a choice, location, location, location.

I dont like the area in front of Red Coconut, more crowded and many vendors

Red Coc is an older place. Ambassador has a nice set up and its a better area.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

I'm a fan of Red Coconut. I love the food, the rooms are nice. But I don't love the location. So between the two - Ambassador would be my choice.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

Another vote for Ambassador for the location and beachfront...just breathtaking. Go with Red Coconut if you prefer to be close to the party area and don't mind the crowd and noise.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

Definitely Station 1 this time.

Ambassador.

philippines
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

Thank you for all your contributions! 5 out of 5 vote! Going with Ambassador in Paradise! Just called them up and reserved so happy that they have free caticlan transfers already. So minus hassle. :) We're so excited!! I just hope the weather and beach is good. Since oct has many seaweeds, I think?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

No, not at all. There is algae on the beach from late February till May, usually. Not in October.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,758 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

I had the chance to stay in both and I would say that they are both good, Station 1 is my favorite among the 3 stations so Ambassador has that advantage but Red Coconut is my favorite resort. Regarding noise where Red Coconut is located, I haven't noticed any noise when you are inside your room and the door is closed, all you will hear is the sound of your aircon.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

Rooms near the pool and bar at Red Coconut experience noise. Farther back they don't, if you keep the doors closed. The general area is far too crowded and chaotic for my personal taste though.

Edited: 17 September 2012, 11:28
Level Contributor
114 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ambassador in paradise or Red Coconut?

Not really a fair comparison

Ambassador of course