We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Topic
Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

Hi,

I am trying to decide between the 2 hotels. I am a solo female traveler....looking to relax on the beach during the day and go out at night. Any advice on whether I should book at BBC or the District? Thank you!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

Boracay Beach Club is on the main road. No thanks. Try looking up the similarly named Boracay Beach Resort. There's a lovely bar and restaurant out front, Cafe del Mar. It's a nice, chilled out spot. The District is less relaxed - there's a dress code. My friend was refused service for being in beach attire - boardshorts and no shirt - even though the place is on the beach. Any reason why you are only considering those two hotels though, and nowhere else? Look up Estacio Uno, White House and Seawind while you're it it.

Edited: 28 October 2012, 04:03
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

check out NIGI NIGI 2 as well.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

Thanks for the suggestions. I was basing my choices on the reviews on here. BBC is ranked #4 so i was looking into that and the district looks really nice and it is beachfront.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

Sirenna, I looked at the places you suggested but I am just worried about how far it is from the nightlife...especially if I am by myself. i don't want to have a very long walk.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

the places that have been recommended are not far from the action or nightlife.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

None of the ones suggested previously are far from the nightlife. The whole White Beach strip has bars and restaurants along it, though some areas are busier than others. I also second the recommendation of Leftover, Nigi Too is a good choice. White Beach is safe for a single female to walk about. Just take the same precautions as you would in any unfamiliar place.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

Boracay Beach Club is just across the street from Club Paraw, Obama Grill, and Guillys which are already on the beach front. BBC also has a beachfront bar with lounge chairs for their hotel guests. Check out its promo packages:

www.boracaybeachclub.com/boracay-packages Enjoy Boracay:)

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

No offence Ariel's House but you are advertising your own establishment which is against forum guidelines. As the owner of Ariel's House and Boracay Beach Club you are not allowed to promote it here. That said, the hotel is nice for party people as it is close to some lively bars. Those who prefer peace and relaxation would be better off choosing a place a little farther away from the party area, not right on top of it, as noise pollution is an issue.

aust
Level Contributor
184 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

We stayed at The District and we were glad we did. we expected the beach to be crowded/poor quality being station 2, but it was great. We did go down to station 1 for a beach day but to be honest I thought the beach was almost as good outside the district, plus you can use the hotels sun lounges and have order drinks all day!

The rooms were clean and modern, though we requested to change rooms as when we originally arived we were on a first floor room and the balcony flooded when it rained, and stayed flooded for 24 hours, they moved us to ground floor which was great as we walked out our door and the pool was only steps away. Service was excellent at district, and we thought locatino was excellent as it isn't too crazy, yet only a 5 minute walk to Dmall which was great for dinner options etc. To me there was not a lot of choices with accommodation on Boracay, after holidaying in Thailand for the past 8 years we are used to really modern, good quality resorts for very little money (around 1/4 of what you pay in Boracay, on Boracay this wasnt the case, im not into 80's decor, if Im going on holiday I want my hotel to be nicer than my own house that I live in back home, so I wont settle for anything shabby, but this can be hard in Boracay. But it evens out anyway as everything else on Boracay is so cheap.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boracay beach club or the district at boracay?

The Philippines as a destination is not cheap accommodation-wise and maintenance is a nightmare. So nice and cheap places to stay in the Philippines is a pretty difficult task. But as you said, it evens out in the end cause everything else is cheap.

Get answers to your questions about Boracay
Recent Conversations