We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

Las pinas
3 posts
Save Topic
Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

Hi i was wondering if there is a van available from kalibo to caticlan, maybe around 12am to 1am..coz my deprture from manila to kalibo is 11pm... Need help pls:)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,132 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

It's not 24/7 per se but you will be sure that if a plane arrives there will be vans waiting for you. If van drivers know that will be no flights arriving at 3am then they will not be there. Since they know that a flight will arrive at 12mn then expect them to be there.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

even if there is -ur going to have to stay in caticlan overnight?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

are u not reading the other 3 active threads on this exact same subject. Not to be crude or rude, but I suggest that you read the threads and then ask your question, that way you get responses that are current and contributors do NOT have to repeat themselves. Your question has been answered on those threads.

You can start with this as an example.....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k592…

Edited: 27 November 2012, 08:58
Las pinas
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

Thank you for the reply..:))

I will not ask the same question if the recent topic was answered well :) iv'e read that topic twice..replies are all suggestions to stay in kalibo and travel in the morning..some of it, says to hire a private van and a boat which will cost me 1800 for a van and 3k for the boat which i think is not budget friendly. I believe i will not be able to make an account and have search for some forums if i'm that stupid not to read topics that are related.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

the topic was answered as complete as it can be answered, obviously there is no clear cut answer with many variables and individual circumstances. One thing is for sure, you can not cross unless you pay hefty for a private boat, even if only 2k..this was all covered. Most people on those late at night, not all, take them as they are cheap fares then wonder why they cant get to Boracay so easy. Hello, if it was so easy, the plane ticket would be more expensive. I recommend or advise to anyone, if you are a budget traveler taking the cheapest flight late at night it may cost you much more overall to get to Boracay when you add in Kalibo hotel or the transfers to get to Boracay late at night.

To answer your basic query, you can get a van 24.7, yes..for sure, but you will pay more for it as well.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

In my recent personal experience and that of my friends and those tourists I meet, flights landing at Kalibo airport late at night are not uncommon. And vans are waiting on those flights outside the airport. The vans liase with the boats at Caticlan jetty which stand by waiting. It didn't cost me anything like P2000 to take the boat over last time as we shared it with most of the others who were on the flight. Just a few hundred pesos I recall.

7. Re: Is the van from kalibo to caticlan 24/7??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:15