We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

London
Level Contributor
167 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

Hey guys, just wondering what is the best and cheapest/reasonable way of getting to Diniwid Beach (Spider House Resort Hotel) from Kalibo Airport? I am not sure where to start. Normally I always tend to find my way and google always found some sort of service to use and book online before I get to where I want but struggling with this one.

Regards,

Ray

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

Okay, what is the difficult part? Can you find your way to Kalibo? Bear with me and I will walk you down to Diniwid

London
Level Contributor
167 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

Huh..? I know where it is and how to get to the airport, I'm asking what's the best way to get to the resort from the airport without my wallet getting raped because I'm a tourist. No need to be a smart a** about it.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

Ahh ok, I thought were not sure where to start.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

From Kalibo airport find a shuttle van to take you to the jetty port in Caticlan. From there, a boat will take you to the jetty terminal on Boracay. Tricycles can take you from the terminal to your resort on Diniwid.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

Norman, there are lots of mini vans outside Kalibo airport waiting on the flights. They can take you to Caticlan jetty for a set price if you share with others. You can rent your own but no need. From the jetty, there's a set boat fee and environment fee - see FAQ's for all current set prices. When you reach Boracay at Cagban Port, maybe P150 for the trike to Diniwid.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

Hi Norman,

I concur with all the advice given above. It is pretty easy (especially when you arrive during daytime). I had been to Boracay a few months ago, and we did the below.

Kalibo airport to Caticlan (Tabon) jetty = minivan or bus (organised, available aplenty just outside the airport).

Caticlan (Tabon) jetty to Boracay jetty port = boat (available aplenty, organised, large boats lie the ones used in Puerto Gallera, seat about 80 people, made of wood)

Cost for above = 450 pesos if I remember right.

Jetty port to Diniwid / Spider house = Trike (100 pesos, without bargaining), easy to get.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

If you want hassle free transfer, you can engage services like SouthWest Transfer.

You can find them at the airport.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

MH is right - Southwest has a counter just before you exit the airport - impossible to miss!

The advantage with Southwest bus (which is what we took) is that they take care of you till you disembark on borcay island. Plus the bus is big and comfy.

Disadvantage? You must wait for all the people from the airport to empty out. into the bus. Did I mention you must pay a little more?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

when you enter the airport to your left there are many transfer services, you can get one for P200, includes boat to Cagban. Once in Cagban, take a private trike for P100 or maybe P150 due to your destination.

Once you reach Caticlan terminal or port before the boat, you need to pay P175 in combined terminal fees.

10. Re: Transfer from Kalibo Airport To Diniwid Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 06:18