We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

We are thinking of staying at Dave's Straw Hat inn or some other hotel at Station 3. We are travelling with a 16 month old kid and won't be carrying a pram/stroller. Hence, we will be using the public transport a lot to travel from one area to another. Appreciate if someone could advise

1. How easy( in terms of distance and availability) it is to get trikes from Dave's ( or somewhere in Station 3) to D'Mall ?

2. Do we need to walk a lot from a beachfront hotel to the area where trikes are available ?

Thanks in advance :)

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

Tricycles are readily available. Walking time is to road is about 5 to 10 minutes

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

Thanks

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

You can walk up to the main road, but better just walk the beach or get a bicycle. There is also a back path in thru that area I recall where trikes park, but those trikes will cost a bit more. Its worth it though.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

Thanks leftovertoo. We dropped the idea of Dave's and ended up booking Boracay Beach Resort. [since it is closer to the beach as well as D'Mall] :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

asin, no offense, but what is the draw of Da Mall when you go all the way to an island. Whatever you seek there can be found near your hotel. Da Mall is crowded and hot. And with no stroller, I would give it a pass.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

D'Mall is so crowded that I dread even having dinner there.

With a kid, stay at Station 3 or some where more quiet.

Remember an sleepy baby is an angry baby!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

Infact, we want to be away from crowd. We were not sure about the situation of restaurants on other parts of the island. The reviews show most of the popular restaurants in D'Mall area.[ another point is, missus is a vegetarian, hence I thought we would be making a lot of visits to cyma, crafty's etc]. I also read in one of the reviews that Boracay Beach Resort is "close" to D'Mall but at the sametime, the crowd and noise situation is not too bad.

Earlier, we were thinking about Dave's and Blue mango. But had drop the idea for reasons mentioned above. Just trying to stike a balance between convenience and pleasure. :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,354 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

The island has restos all over once you walk into the hot crowded Da Mall with a baby you will know why we say, avoid it. Crrafty is okay and Cyma is one of my favorites, but getting a seat at Cyma is not easy.

You can find any food you want on Boracay not at Da Mall. I suggest you ask the hotels if they can cater to your dietary needs as well.

Blue Mango is on the beach, has great salads and is in a quiet area, but construction continues nearby.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

Boracay Beach Resort is a good choice. Don't worry about the comments of 'crowded' - at Boracay Beach Resort its not that bad. Furthermore: you can choose the time of visiting the D'Mall. The D'Mall has the most restaurant choices in a small area. In other places you have limited choices and have to walk quite a lot (or take transportation on the very crowded street to reach the place of your choice.

Another option for vegetarian food is Lemoi Cafe - also in the D'Mall, close to Cyma.

Enjoy...

asia
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling with 16 months baby and no pram or stroller !!

Asinhk,

How do you find the Boracay Beach Resort stay? Was it noisy at nite for sleeping? Will like to hear your review as I want to be away from noise too. Thanks.