We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

Hello, I've been looking for a flight for 27th April from MPH to MNL, and it's currently costing about 200USD one way for one person on Cebu Pacific or PAL Express. I looked at Zest Air and SEAir, but they only fly from KLO to MNL. Do I have no options but to travel to KLO in order to get cheaper fares? To me, cheaper fare would be under 100USD for one-way from Boracay to Manila.

Is it possible that fares may drop in the upcoming days? Or would I be able to get a better price if I bought my ticket once I fly to the Philippines then just use a local travel agent off the street?

Thanks for your help! Just trying to reduce my hassle of going from White Beach Boracay to KLO to my international flight home that will have multiple connections as well.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

You travel in the middle of the local peak holiday period and fares are high. To avail cheaper fares you have no choice than to travel to Kalibo and take a flight from there

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

Fares from MPH to MNL is expensive no matter when you buy it. It is either expensive or more expensive usually.

So fly out from Kalibo. You will save heaps.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,307 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

<<<Is it possible that fares may drop in the upcoming days? Or would I be able to get a better price if I bought my ticket once I fly to the Philippines then just use a local travel agent off the street? >>>

-I am certain that MPH to MNL fares will not drop from this day up to April 27 no matter where you buy a ticket. Only turboprops are flying that route and as the seats would fill up, the fare will also increase and 50 seats are very easy to fill specially that it's the summer season and school-break.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 09:59
Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

Towards the end of June ticket prices from and to Caticlan/Kalibo will drop significantly. Even Kalibo is already around P. 5,000. If you want it cheaper then you need to fly at 10 PM or even later.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

lowest fare showing on Cebu pacific is around 5000 peso -not sure how that equals 200$ and on pal express 5755 peso,from kalibo it would be approx. 3000 peso for around 9am flight

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

The cheapest flight from Caticlan to Manila one way is $116 via Cebu Pacific it wont get any cheaper than that since its already peak right now (late March- May) considering the 2 hour ride plus the bus fare and boat fare if you would compute its almost the same price as if you fly from Caticlan with a few hundred pesos difference if you will choose Kalibo. But if the Budget really needs to be below a $100 you have no choice but to fly from Kalibo.

Happy Travels,

James @ BackpackerUniverse

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

james -u still have to take the boat whatever airport u fly from

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

The prices you guys quote are basic prices: A flight showing 116$ or ~4,600 P is the BASiC price. The end price would be rather 6,000 P or more. The same goes for the Kalibo flights. Cebu Pacific adds a lot of additional costs and luggage. With the other airlines you have 10 Kg luggage for free.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

no the prices I gave are total prices

10. Re: Hard time finding cheap fare from MPH to MNL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 April 2013, 23:05