We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

Hi,

There seems to be many posts on how to get to Boracay Islands from Manila but none on how to get there from Cebu.

As such, can someone advise me on how to get to Boracay from Cebu. As i am not too familiar with Cebu, please try to keep your advise simple so i can understand...thanks!!

manila
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

You can get to Caticlan via cebu through Asian Spirit or Seair.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

The fastest way to get to Boracay from Cebu is by plane. It takes approx 45 mins to 1 hour (depending on the type of plane) to fly from Cebu to Boracay.

From Cebu (Mactan airport) both Asian Spirit and South East Asian airlines have daily flights to Boracay (Caticlan airport). You can check their websites for the schedule of flights:

www.flyseair.com

www.asianspirit.com

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

Hello Zaszon

Beside flying, there are two other ways if you are adventurous.

From Cebu City, you can travel by bus or jeepney to Toledo, boat to San Carlos city, bus or jeepney to Bacolod City, Supercat to Iloilo City, bus or jeepney to Caticlan then banka boat to Boracay.

You can also travel by ship with:

http://www.cokaliongshipping.com

from Cebu to Iloilo City then bus or jeepney to Caticlan.

Regards; Jim Sibbick

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

Hi Big Jim,

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

By the way, was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on the following:

1) Is the Cebu International Airport near the Domestic Airport where i can catch the flights out to Caticlan, Boracay?

2) Is it a better idea to book the domestic flight tickets before reaching Cebu or to buy them off the counter (I am thinking of travelling in early July)?

3) Any recommendations on where to stay in Cebu (thinking of spending 1 to 2 nights to check out the place)?

By the way, did i mention this forumn rocks...well..it does...cheers!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

Zaszon wrote

Hi Big Jim,

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

By the way, was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on the following:

1) Is the Cebu International Airport near the Domestic Airport where i can catch the flights out to Caticlan, Boracay?

2) Is it a better idea to book the domestic flight tickets before reaching Cebu or to buy them off the counter (I am thinking of travelling in early July)?

3) Any recommendations on where to stay in Cebu (thinking of spending 1 to 2 nights to check out the place)?

By the way, did i mention this forumn rocks...well..it does...cheers!

--------------------

The international and domestic planes operate from the same building. Domestic is one end and international is at the other.

The planes travelling to Caticlan are only small and may fill up fast so if you know what date you want to travel, book now.

You don't say what standard of accommodation you are seeking so I will just give you my list of hotels for the Philippines which contains mostly Cebu City hotels:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/…20links.htm

Regards: Jim Sibbick

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RE: Getting to Boracay from Cebu

Some info on Boracay hotels, restaurants, activities etc here:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/8ab27/157917/