We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

Redmond, Washington
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

Hello,

To start off, I already searched the Trip Advisor forum and came across "travelonline". Since there is a "travelonline.com" in existence which is different from "travelonline.ph", I wanted to ask for clarifications.

I'm planning on going to Boracay this coming October 30th to November 10th. I've been checking hotel prices on Boracay on various websites ranging from the hotel official website, to other "deal websites" such as asiatravel.com, agoda.com, and myboracayguide.com

Has anyone ever used "www.travelonline.ph" Hotel, tour, or any other arrangement services? If so, what were peoples experiences with this company. I want to be cautious because it's hard handing over your credit card number to someone you don't know.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

it used to be legit but I have not heard much about them for years. They used to have good rates and set up the cam on Boracay. If you are not sure, contact them directly and or get another agent.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 03:23
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

hi ,well they have nearly .5 million likes on facebook and respond quickly to enquiries https://www.facebook.com/TravelOnline.ph…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

Its actually .385 Million but whats 115000 extra likes between friends....facebook friends!!!!

Tommo

Edited: 12 July 2013, 11:48
philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

excuse my ignorance as i do not have facebook. but how can likes on facebook contribute to to legitimacy?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

they have been around for many years but there was a time when they were blamed for setting up mirror websites that guests did not know if real or not, but the owner we met in the past is American Pinoy They have been quiet for awhile, but at one time was one of he most active agents on Boracay As stated, they were instrumental and a major catalyst in setting up the beach cam on Boracay. IS it still running???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

www.earthcam.com/cams/philippines/boracay/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

Thanks Kevin.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

@Al22tec very good point.

There is no correlation between likes and legitimacy. It just means that this firms facebook page is liked by 385000 facebook users who viewed it.

Legitimacy may be better confirmed if that many members used their services and LIKED!!!

Tommo

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

where did i say likes equals legitimacy?it would be very hard to get that amount of likes if at least some hadnt used its services -i simply gave the op another option for checking those who may have used it .

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelonline.ph Legit? or Scam

I venture to guess that some use O Desk services or such to hit like on websites such as facebook. Hard to see a travel agent with more likes than Arnel Pineda, lead singer for Journey and Philippine ICON.

Get answers to your questions about Boracay
Recent Conversations