We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Batangas Port?

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Batangas Port?

Hi all,

The boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Boracay in February. Our flight arrives on Manila at 7pm and after 15h of flight time from Amsterdam we are determined to get the ferry for the last leg to Boracay!

My question is, is there a hotel near Batangas ferry port where we could overnight and take the ferry to Boracay the next day? We're not fussed but would prefer a reasonably priced clean one like Holiday Inn/Travelodge style (100 euro per night budget). A pool wouldn't hurt either! (Wishful thinking)

We definitely won't make it in time for boarding for the 9pm ferry the same day after getting off the plane at 7pm in Manila and we don't mind having a break in the journey to recuperate!

I've had a look on Tripadvisor, Expedia, Booking etc but working with Google Maps to gauge the distance nothing seems that close to the port.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited: 17 July 2013, 20:28
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Batangas Port?

why not just stay in manila and go to batangas next day?.

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Batangas Port?

No recommendations but I used http://www.agoda.com/ for several hotels for my trip in May 2013, and it worked out well. Just read hotel reviews. I went through Batangas Port, but didn't stay there overnight. I'm sure there are plenty of motels/hotels around Batangas.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Batangas Port?

Thanks guys. I have checked Agoda but quite surprised how few hotels are in Batangas. Saw one that looked good only to read Tripadvisor reviews stating it was a 'per hour hotel' - doesn't sound very appealing!

I think we might try Manila, it was originally my preference but the boyfriend wants to get all of the travelling done as soon as possible so that the next day would only be a matter of a quick taxi ride to the port. I find it strange there isn't some sort of port Hotel around Batangas port.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,023 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Batangas Port?

www.asiatravel.com is a great site used by many of us on TA. It has a terrific range of Manila hotels including its great mystery hotel 'Crazy Rates'for Manila, Makati, Ortigas and so on.

Look under its 'alphabetical listing of hotels in Philippines' to find 'Crazy Rates.'

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Batangas Port?

Batangas has many hotels, but mostly in the vicinity of Batangas City. They are mostly beach resorts along the shores of Batangas, like in Nasugbu, etc. In Batangas City there are only few hotels: SM Travel Lodge, Alpha Hotel, Days In and Microtel (a little far from the city).

Your flight arrives at 7 PM and until you are ready to transfer to a bus station along Edsa it will be 9 - 10 PM. That means you will arrive in Batangas midnight or later. And the bust stations along Edsa are not really a nice place to hang out and waiting for a bus to leave at nighttime.

Why this stress? Batangas is not really a place to hang out.

Rather relax in Manila. Resortworld complex is very near the airport, has some decent hotels (Remington Hotel around 100 $ +), nice restaurants, fast food and some shops.

Next day you can leave after lunch to Batangas. Driving time from Manila to Batangas (non-stop) is 2 hours

6. Re: Hotel near Batangas Port?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 07:19