We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic dinner

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic dinner

I seek suggestions for a romantic birthday celebration dinner in boracay. I am looking at something unique instead of purely dining in an indoor restaurant.

1) Dining on the beach itself?

2) dining with a cool view at a unique location? Like on top of a cliff etc?

3) any other place where the view is awesome/unique and romantic is highly sought after.

Please kindly share with me your suggestions if any. Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,676 posts
2,085 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic dinner

Many restaurants have beach dining. If you like seafood select some fresh seafood have it cooked to your liking. Nothing more romantic than dining on the beach candlelit with water lapping at your table.

Tommo

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic dinner

At the moment many places have put up so-called windbreakers to shield their front beach property from the southwest monsoon winds. Many places have also put up tents. So the view of the beach is obstructed. Some of these windbreakers look nice, let wind through and you still can see the beach. Others use common plastic and their place looks like a waiting shed without any atmosphere. Abd if it rains, which can happen right now in the so-called 'rainy season' dining on the beach is only possible at a place which has tents. Also many of the places which have tents look terrible. The best is you walk in the evening along the beach path and choose a place of your liking.

Recommendations:

- Mango Ray

- Fridays

- Caruso

Mentioned in this post
Mango Ray
Mango Ray
31 Reviews
Panay Island, Philippines
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic dinner

Mango Ray tends to be very hot and steamy with lack of ventilation, food over priced. Reviews are poor.

Mentioned in this post
Mango Ray
Mango Ray
31 Reviews
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic dinner

Most of the restaurants are located on the beach so because there's so many it doesn't make them very romantic the only restaurant that has a more unique vibe is the Alchemy, now I didn't review this restaurant very high but I think it may just have been an off night and there's a 6 course tasting menu which you need to order at least the day before which we didn't know but the chef said he would do it anyway and I think this was a mistake because while some of the courses were excellent others were quite mediocre but in any case we will certainly give it another try when we return to Boracay as I felt it was the only restaurant that offered something a bit more special.

Mentioned in this post
Alchemy
Alchemy
52 Reviews
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic dinner

Just to add for a nice cocktail there's the new Wave bar at the Boracay regency which does happy hour until 10pm whci makes it very reasonable, food is also very good.

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic dinner

Thanks alot everybody. I will look into the suggestions

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic dinner

"Mango Ray tends to be very hot and steamy with lack of ventilation, food over priced. Reviews are poor". Hearsay again? We talk about the beach and Mango Ray has a beautiful garden, not like many other places which have cut down all plants to make space for more tables. And some of the food is excellent, like e.g. the Mango Ray Salad. Price? Another story, but you have an alternative to eat very cheap at some suspicious looking buffet.

And Alchemy is closed. In fact it is open to be rented

Mentioned in this post
Mango Ray
Mango Ray
31 Reviews
Alchemy
Alchemy
52 Reviews
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic dinner

Been in boracay but two times its kinda crowded if you pick station 1 I guess it will work for a candlelit dinner... We tried in Shangrila Mactan Cebu and their is Shangrila Boracay now I saw pictures in facebook in my friends account who's husband is a manager there it is really very romantic with privacy!

I think its worth a try :)

PS. one of our college friends just went there for a romantic dates and I saw their pictures its worth it!

Even you don't book or stay there you could still made a reservation for a romantic dinner with them!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,676 posts
2,085 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic dinner

Station 2 is the most crowded station not Station 1.

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic dinner

Mango Ray comments are not hearsay, we have been there and if that is not good enough read the reviews on Trip Ad. for the food...

Mentioned in this post
Mango Ray
Mango Ray
31 Reviews