We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

Hi All,

I wonder if anybody could help.

I'm visiting Borocay during December and January and have an international flight (China Southern) on the 13th back to London (via numerous connections in between).

My flight from Manila is at 17.35 hrs and I wanted to ask if it's advisable to fly from Kalibo at 11.00 hrs, arriving in Manila at 12.00 hrs. This would give me 5 hours to collect bags, get through customs and ready for my onward journey

I'm a 1st time traveller to the Philippines and would guess that's ample time however I'm a little concerned. Would it be better to travel back to Manila on the 12th and stay over night? I'd prefer not to as it essentially means losing a day's holiday.

I'd really appreciate anybody's advise.

Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

Recommended is to stay overnight in Manila before your flight.

If you insist leaving Boracay the same day as your international flight, I would choose and earlier flight.

Though your flight leave at 1735hrs but you will need to reach the airport at 1535hrs.

Manila NAIA is well known for both airspace and runway congestion. So if there is congestion and NAIA do not give the green light, the plane in Kalibo will not take off until told to do so.

I am not trying to scare you but just listing down the possibilities.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

you could take the 4.30pm or 7.15pm flight on 12th from kalibo on cebu pac

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

Good advice from mousehunt. So many have come unstuck trying to leave om an international flight after a domestic flight and it doesn't only apply to Kalibo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

If you want to travel on the 13th I suggest you get a good travel insurance. Weather during your travel would be generally good so weather delays is not a concern. There are dozens of reasons why flights are delayed and you would know that ahead of time.

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

Thanks for your help and advise.

Given what's been posted and other comments I've read online, to be safe it's almost certainly better to spend the night of the 12th in Manila.

if we did risk it and fly out form Kalibo on the 13th I'm guessing the earlier flight the better? Would it be realistic to get a 09.00 hrs flight say, if traveling from Borocay. What time would I need to leave the island?

Thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

If your flight is 0900hrs from Kalibo, I would suggest you leave at 0500hrs.

I have been to Kalibo only once and it looks like a zoo to me. Small airport with loads of people. You get what I mean.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

Definitely either get to Manila the day before or get a much, much earlier flight. The last time we flew from Kalibo at 5pm, 2 out of 4 flights leaving were cancelled (PAL and Zest), with an international flight to connect to, it's too much to risk.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

there is a 7.50am flight kalibo to manila on 13th for 588 promo ,then there are 2 more sched flights before 1pm

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

If you take the a flight from Kalibo before noon it should be enough time for your international flight. Taking the 7:50 AM flight out of Kalibo because it's cheap is impossible except you sleep in Kalibo. Better then to sleep one night in Manila. Take Philippine airlines (even if they are a little bit more expensive): They have the best time record, meaning they mostly fly on time

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kalibo to Manila airport then same day international dept

It's decided - a flight on the 12th with an overnight stay in Manila. It's not worth the risk of trying to do it all on the 13th and means we can get a decent rest before the onward journey.

Thanks for all your advice.