We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay - which airport ?

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
162 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Boracay - which airport ?

Is it true that you can't bring heavy luggage through Caticlan ? Or do you just pay extra ? Is it better to just fly to KLO ?

Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

I can't store it in Manila because we aren't going back there. I will have to make sure to pack an extra swimsuit in my carry-on incase my bag gets delayed a day :) Thank you. I was starting to worry that there was no way for my baggage to come with me :S

Thanks guys :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

you are welcome, enjoy.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

So I have flown into Caticlan on PAL express before (3 weeks ago) ,but only stayed for 1 week, so,the 10kg checked bags was pretty easy to do.

In a few weeks I'm coming back but this time for a month. So 10kg is not going to happen. I know I have 10kg free, can I pay when I check in for excess baggage on PAL Express? Will they do overweight bags?

I asked when I booked and they told me I could not pay when I booked for more than 10kg , But each kg over is 200p.....I can't recall ,my last trip if I saw any big bags on my flight into Caticlan...

Edited: 02 September 2013, 09:07
Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

No problem with overweight. As long you don't bring 1,000 Kg. Just pay the P. 200 per Kg. In the months of January, etc. there are many visitors having big suitcases and they pay for overweight and the luggage goes with the same airplane.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

Thanks Davi...good to know ....

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

Hi there,

That is also my dilemma! I pre booked our luggages (10kgs) as an option so does that mean 10kgs free luggage + 10kgs that I pre booked means 20 kgs?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

IT should, yes..did you pay for it

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
162 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

We flew into Illilo from Cagayan de Oro, close to 30kgs of luggage pre purchased with Cebu Pacific-got taxi to Caticlan, very long drive, don't think I'd do it again but was an experience! Lol

Leaving we flew from Kalibo to Manila with Cebu Pacific, pre purchased 20kg.

Flights were far more expensive from Caticlan and we were flexible time wise !

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
302 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

I will fly with Pal express from Cebu to Caticlan and back from Caticlan to Manila.

I prepaid 200 PHP each direction for "Small Bag - Additional 10kg baggage allowance'

What means "Small Bag" - What is the Pall express allowable baggage size ?

Thank you !

Edited: 06 February 2014, 12:31
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Boracay - which airport ?

did you check their page for the descriptors its pretty clear and laid out.

I tried a some new contraption called GOOGLE search and what do you know, the info is there. I marvel at the new technology..try it some time.

http://www.flypalexpress.com/Baggage