We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sacramento, USA
Level Contributor
128 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Hello,

Very new to scuba diving, but we are certified. We only have 3 days in Boracay and thinking of doing 2 dives in Boracay. A search shows are are 20 dive sites in the area, including a wreck sight. Which site would have the most marine life? Would love to see a shark, "nemo", eels? Also, we would prefer not to have to go more than 20 minutes out on a boat. Recommendations of PADI operators would be good too. I want a place where safety is key. Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

I can't recommend you anything since I have not dive in Boarcay before.

Based on what other divers told me, diving in Boracay is mediocre. So do not expect too much.

For dive center, Blue Mango and Calypso Diving Resort are recommended by the divers I have met.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Your skill levels, weather, tides and availability of dive sites by the dive shop you will choose will dictate which sites are open to you. Some like diving on Boracay and think its great, depends again on where you go.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Boracay is not well known for the dive sites. Your much better off diving in Batangas, bohol or cebu

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Patrick294248, again, Which dive sites have you been to please and have you dove the wall. Did you go on a dive safari. Boracay, granted does not have the best diving in the Philippines, but to say its not well known is incorrect.

sacramento, USA
Level Contributor
128 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Thanks for the input. We are already planning to go to Boracay and Coron. We are new to scuba diving and happy with just seeing a lot of fish. What is the wall you are talking about in Boracay?

I'm just thinking of doing 1 or 2 dives. I realize its not the "best" in the Philippines, but still pretty. So just asking for the sites that are in Boracay, which ones are the best. If I google the sites, 20 dive sights up up in Boracay, including a sunked plane. So for those that have scuba'd in Boracay just asking where.

Novice diver.

Thanks,

Grace

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Yup ive dove here once 6 years ago. No offense meant but compared to the dive sites in anilao I would not dive in boracay again. And compared to Anilao, bohol, cebu and apo island, Boracay would be at the bottom of my list when it comes to diving destination.

7. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:35
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,499 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

For a newbie diver Boracay is good enough and yes you will see nemo and eels just like I did as they are plenty in Boracay. I just don't know if there will be sharks. The dive sites will be determined by a diving instructor depending your your skill level.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

patrick, you dove ONCE 6 years ago and you present yourself as an expert. Please. one dive is hardly a good grasp on the diving in Boracay, not to mention 6 years ago. Did you do the wall?

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
169 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is considered the best scuba diving site in Boracay

Sorry then, ive dove in tubbataha reef twice, apo reef twice, bohol 3 times, cebu 2 times, apo island once and anilao dove there for almost every weekend for more than 8 years, and boracay once (yup if im not mistaken we did the wall i think). So yup your right i guess that doesnt make me the expert. Theres a reason why even when im in boracay twice a month i never go diving here. Oh and ive never said i was an expert in boracay, like all comments here its a personal opinion and NO i still would not recommend boracay as a diving destination based on my more than 8 years of diving around the Philippines. =)