We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking resort

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
booking resort

Hello again,

Just wondered is it ok to provide a photocopy of your passport and credit card (front & back) when booking directly with the resort?

I'm just a little worried as I don't want them to be misused. I asked my bank and they said it's up to my discretion but I don't know whether anyone else have experience it before.

Cheers

london
Level Contributor
976 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking resort

Hi there

I have been asked to do this before when booking direct with the rssort , but in Indonesia and Malayia. If you are concerned try booking the same property with Booking.com or Agado.

You asked in a previous post about transport costs , P500 seems a very very good price to me, especially as this should mean that you avoid those lovely transport touts.

Have a good trip.

Edited: 07 September 2013, 08:27
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking resort

Book online if you can or pay cash when you get there.

Do note that Booking.com do not take any money off your card, so you have to pay the hotel when you get there. It just secures the booking.

Agoda is different. They'll take the money off your card so everything is paid for. You just need to print off the receipt and show it to the hotel.

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking resort

The thing is that the resort offered a cheaper rate than websites such as agoda, asia travel, lastminute.com, Expedia etc... These websites almost doubled the usual rate to what the hotel/resort/b&b offered on their website.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking resort

which hotel is it?

This method on Boracay used to be more common in the past than it is now with so many options for payment.

Are you using a credit card is that why they want this info. OR just for booking?

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking resort

The resort is called Rieseling Boracay Beach Resort. I believe they've only been around for a year.

It's for booking.I was wondering whether transferring it directly to their bank account is a better option although I'm not sure how it would be covered in terms of insurance etc.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking resort

I've shyed away from transferring money to hotels in the Phils via bank accounts. The only way I would do it would be by paying a small deposit but I would ask your bank in the UK how much it would cost first.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking resort

Dubson186402 that does not work on Boracay where hotels want to be paid in advance. Can you just book and pay for one night then look round for other places once on Boracay. Do they take Pay Pal? If your worried, I would NOT do a bank transfer. I think you will be okay with the card.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking resort

<<I think you will be okay with the card>>

By all means pay with a card or give your card number for security as a deposit but under no circumstances would I send a copy of the front and back of my card along with my passport to a random hotel! The opportunity for fraud would be much higher as they would have your full name, date of birth, card number, signature AND the CCV number on the back. I'm not saying the hotel would rip you off but you cannot guarantee how your information is stored can you?

What bank are you with? There is no way my bank would say it was up to me whether I did this, they would say not to give that information over for my own protection!

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking resort

Thank you all for your advice.

We cannot book it for 1 night as there are 10 of us and during peak season it will be difficult to find a place that suits us. Plus we're there for an event so we're going to be busy and preoccupied with various commitments during our stay.

We're going to find out if they accept other forms of payment and I agree bank transfer isn't the way to go either.

This is giving me a slight headache.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking resort

ask if they have a PayPal account.