We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying pearls in Boracay

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
173 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Buying pearls in Boracay

Can anyone recommend what a reasonable price is for buying these here ? I've seen them offered from anything from 2000 pesos to 9000 and I don't mind paying if I know it's reasonable! I appreciate quality will differ with price but ones I've seen are pretty and offered at 2500!

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated !

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,661 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

Will just buy pearl stones or jewelry? The price will depend on the shape, color, flawlessness and workmanship involved in a particular piece of jewelry. It is so easy to counterfeit pearls so I hope you know how to distinguish real pearls.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

I wonder are you allowed to bring the pearls out of Philippines?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

DO NOT buy unless you are an expert as most people are not and either get counterfeit or over charged. Your prices for pearls on Boracay is the highest that I have ever heard.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
173 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

Hah I'm no expert but just like pearl jewellery! Maybe ill stick to the fridge magnets so !

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

isn't pearls a better deal in puerto princesa/palawan?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

I saw pearls for sale in the restaurant at Blue Mango. The price is higher, actually much higher, but they are guaranteed by the owner.

7. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 October 2013, 16:06
Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

Why buy pearls in Boracay? Nothing is cheap there! Everything is priced high for tourists.

9. Re: Buying pearls in Boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 06:19