We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

Ok, yes I have asked before a while ago but never got to Boracay, but we have a very last minute stay coming possibly up in 2 weeks time and I'm stil undecided of accommodation. Before you say I need to book now I have made enquiries and even Fridays & Discovery shores have rooms available.

So my search always brings up Discovery Shores and Fridays but actually Fridays is now I think going to get crossed off my list cause the rooms do not have seperate area foe the kids to sleep.

I am looking for a hotel on the beach doesn't matter what station really, a room that can accommodate 2 adults in a king bed, 2 kids (3 year old & baby) in a separated room & a balcony/porch area for an evening drink so we do not disturb the kids when sleeping.

I am pretty fussy in regard to cleanliness of a hotel and like good hotel amenities (nice buffet breakfast & a nice bathroom). I don't want budget hotels but discovery shores is coming up to $550 a night for the period I want to stay and that's just getting a bit too much - $350-$400 a night is more our range.

Can I get any suggestions to a close alternative to Discovery Shores and the same sort of class ?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,490 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

you sound a bit particular, but for what you will pay, you should be

Try Regency, Ambassador and Nigi Nigi 2...READ REVIEWS. You may like the family room at Blue Mango which will meet your room needs and its more laid back there, but the breakfast that is included is not that great, but I would not make breakfast a deciding factor.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

Thanks leftovertoo - yes I am a bit particular lol - I know a lot of people say yeah but your only in your room to sleep don't worry but yes I like the whole package when I travel - having a average hotel will annoy me :( thanks ill give these ones a try - thanks for your suggestions

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,490 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

I Find spending a much on a hotel then getting less than average services is more irritating, than spending an average amount or less for a room and getting above average service. My Point, spend less and lower your expectations may lead to less stress and a surprise in service. I think Blue Mango falls into that category. FAMILY room has outside sitting area as well for when the kiddies are sleeping and its quiet and locally managed by a family. No ocean beach front family rooms though.

I have stayed at Discovery with family, its nice, but I dont like the cement feeling to it and impersonal touch. I prefer Fridays.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

Thank you - yes you are right, I just have to get my head around spending say $100 and getting good value accommodation - I always think for that price what am I getting myself into !

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,490 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

I suggest, at least for Boracay, read the reviews of the top rate hotels and look at the pricing disparates It appears that you dont have to spend more to get a good place, but the amenities are not the same

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

So where did you book? We don't want to see you disappointed after the trip like the recent trip report about Boracay.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

Justin,

I don't think it is our responsibility if they get disappointed or not. Some people will be disappointed and some happy, That is how it is. Besides, they are the ones making up their own minds about most things anyways. Everything is subjective in the end. You can only do so much. Traveling is about learning. A good attitude goes a looooong way.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

Booked The District after much tooing & froing !!

9. Re: I know this is asked a lot - accommodation query for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 07:18