We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yah ! Getting exited :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Yah ! Getting exited :)

Finally finished my bookings - our first time to Boracay is only a few days away after firstly holiday in Singapore.

I tell you though, had a very very difficult decision in booking hotel ! Tossed back and forth with where to stay - after actually booking the Boracay Mandarin in the top room the Grand Suite, I just had a niggling feeling it was the wrong choice for the price, so cancelled it and went with a Deluxe Suite at The District. Half the price. unfortunately no Seaview which is a big disappointment and hopefully enough room for 2 adults & 2 kids.

I will do a report when I get back !

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

Hey,

Im flying perth to singapore headed for philipines and hopefully boracay.please share the airlines and costs from singapore to boracay

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

Please let me know the cheapest way to fly to philipines from singapore

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,020 posts
1,836 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

We are not travel agents. Please research and compare costs with the various airlines. You can start with Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air as they are budget airlines.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
2,067 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

Elisa_B irespective of which Manila NAIA terminal you arrive at between Singapore and Boracay flights, find the banks at the terminal (sometimes near the inner roadway - for T2 for example) and change say $50 Australian into Philippine pesos.

If you can, insist on some small denomination notes: the P20 and P50 notes (exchange rate is A$1 = roughly P39) are handy for tips, taxis, tricycle drivers and even the various fees and charges that visitors to Boracay must pay.

If you can, take insect repellant: Rid is good. You may not need it at all but ''better safe...' is the motto.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

You missed a letter. You meant Raid right? LOL!

If you are scared of mosquitoes, better buy Off! instead. You apply Off on your skin. Raid is more like an insecticide more than a repellant (unless they have a new product I don't know of).

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
2,067 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

Justin L, no, 'Rid' is an Australian brand of insect repellent. Apologies for the confusion. An excellent range:

http://www.rid.com.au/index.htm

Sadly, it is not sold in Philippines - yet.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 13:16
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

Oh. My bad then. Hehehe!

18. Re: Yah ! Getting exited :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:22