We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

I am Looking at heading to The Boracay Islands in the Phillipines and wanted to ask the best way to book this? I cant seem to find any UK agents who cover this route, I would also like to visit in Hong Kong enroute?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

If you want to visit HK enroute, then you has better from with Cathay Pacific.

Philippines Airlines do fly to Manila direct now.

Edited: 17 January 2014, 13:19
Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

There is no airport at Boracay. You have to go to Caticlan or Kalibo and then transfer by boat from Caticlan to Boracay.

Transfer by tricycle from Caticlan Airport to Pier or Kalibo by bus or van to Caticlan.

Fly from UK to Manila or Cebu and then internal flight to Caticlan or Kalibo

finland
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

HI

The best way for you is to take Cathay Pacific flight to Manila with stopower in Hong Kong,at least 3-4 days.

Then buy an other ticket from Manila to Caticlan,but take at least 3hrs connection time to transfer,reason why ,you have change terminal in Manila from T1 to T3 if you have connection with Airphil Expres or Cebu Pacific.

In Caticlan hire trike to jetty port ,buy ferry ticket,take trike to hotel of your choise,its guite easy to reach.

Just remember at least 3 hrs connection in manila,in Hong Kong you can make it in hour.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

Hi, check out the best price and schedule on www.skyscanner.net but as the others have said if you want to visit Hong kong then you really only have Cathay Pacific as a choice then I would fly from Manila to Caticlan because it's much nearer Boracay than Kalibo

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

I think it's possible to have a stopover without having to pay for another journey. A friend of mine travelled with Cathay Pacific to the Philippines and hopped off at HK and visited China for a few weeks then continued his journey to Manila - just paying the once.

Alternatively, get a flight to HK then a promo flight to Manila with one of the Philippine airlines.

This site is useful for flights to the Phils from the UK.

http://www.pic-uk.com/

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

I'm going the end of March. London Heathrow to Manila with Philippines airway then a 1 hour flight Manila to Kalibo. Then the van and boat transfer.. Philippine airway started flying non stop from London last November and fly 5 days a week

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

If you are seeking a bunch of Boracay islands, you are going to be disappointed. Boracay is one small island off the coast of the main island of Panay.

You can land on Boracay by helicopter but not by plane.

You can fly Philippine Airlines from Hong Kong to Manila then from Manila to Kalibo. From Kaiibo, you catch a van to Caticlan then a boat to Boracay.

Kalibo airport is an international airport. You might also find a direct flight to Kalibo from Hong Kong although i couldn;t. However, I found a direct flight to Kalibo from Korea and Taiwan.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

Or one of the cheepest options is to go Air China and have a stopover in Beijing, you are allowed 72 hours Visa free if UK citizen. Fares just over £500 return. Go on their own website if you want to work out a stopover flight.

I have flown to Hong Kong then got an onward flight with low cost airline from either HK or Macao to the Philippines but as mentioned only Cathay Pacific would schedule a stopover in HK.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
571 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

Fly London airport to Singapore, catch Tigerairways flight to Kalibo, bus to Boracay.

10. Re: How Do I get from the UK to Boracay islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:17