We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Anyone have any news on the land dispute at Friday's Resort? I am having my vow renewal ceremony there on Saturday and the pictures that have I have seen of the barricade concerns me.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
65 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

I just got back. Stayed at a resort next door instead this time. The barricade looks horrible, it's a shame for the island, the local government and the hotel (as is the construction site next door where work continues even at night!!!). There were also quite a number of police around at times, clearly making sure that the situation does not escalate. The remaining resort (the part that is not barricaded off, which looks to be about 70%) was operating normally (if you can call it that). Evenings were better as the restaurant atmosphere was nice. I am sure the staff are trying their best. Clearly, some of the guests did not look happy and we saw a couple of them moving to other hotels.

I wish you all the best. Fridays was a long time favorite of ours. We were very surprised that the current situation did not make the news more prominently.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

I am going to Boracay in august and had my heart set on the place. Not sure if one would recommend booking considering the current situation???

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Thanks for your reply.. We just arrived here in Boracay and took a walk down to Fridays. What an eyesore! I hope they do work out their problems.. We are here in Discovery Shores and it is a beautiful resort ..

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

I don't think I would trust booking Fridays in August. We are checking in tomorrow so I will update you on the situation when I get more info..

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

We're getting married there next month. I heard about the land dispute, haven't heard back from Fridays representative yet. I know the management's doing what they can (i do hope), but there's a lack of communication. Sad thing is, we can't cancel it anymore. Good luck to us! Let us know how it goes!

Austria
Level Contributor
119 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

I hope Friday's will be the "old" Friday's soon again.............

One of my all time favourite Hotels on the Island.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Land disputes are common on Boracay. I know of about 5 now. Is this travel related

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

I think one might assume it travel related if one had reservations there

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

We were planning to get married there in December this year. I know it's still a long way off but would really like to hear any updates on the land dispute issue.

Wondering if we should consider Sea Wind or Asya. I'm not in love with Sea Wind and Asya is quite far. Our first choice is Fridays but not if there will be police all over the place.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Land disputes take years to resolve. I suggest you look for alternatives. I once attended a wedding reception at Asya and the service was excellent.