We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry off Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
ferry off Boracay

hey

just wondering if ayone knows what time do the ferry's start in the mourning leaving boracay... have a early flight 08.20 will that be ok??

cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry off Boracay

Should be ok.

Make sure you reach the airport at least 2 hours before your flight.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 13:16
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,505 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry off Boracay

Ferry service starts 5:30am or even a little earlier. No problem when your flight is from Caticlan.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry off Boracay

hi kegler,

you seem to be an expert. do you know if one can rely on the bus services who have matched their time table according to flights from kalibo?

we want to leave from boracay towards manila. what would be your best option besides flying out of kalibo?

many thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,124 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry off Boracay

@ RhysB81 are you leaving from caticlan or Kalibo?

@ suicideangel3000 South West Tours are good and reliable operators who can organise your transfers.

Tommo

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry off Boracay

thank you very much,indeed! we have just booked with them. they will pick us up and bring to kalibo airport.

door to door P450 p.p.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry off Boracay

@ Rhys

They start a bit before sunrise - as Kegler has rightly mentioned.

Tommo has asked a relevant question regardign the airport you plan to use, since...as a rough rule -

If your flight is from Caticlan - give 1 hour from your hotel to the airport (including the short ferry ride + short trike ride)

If your flight is from Kalibo - give 3 hours from your hotel to the airport (including the short ferry ride + long bus / mini van ride)

Plus arrive at the airport 45 minutes before the flight.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,123 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ferry off Boracay

do not arrive at the airport 45 minutes before your flight or you chance missing said flight. Plan to be there 90 minutes before to be safe and offset any bumps along the way. We usually play to be there 2 hours in advance just in case and have been put on an earlier plane. I am talking about Kalibo mostly, but if Caticlan I may do the same thing.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,505 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ferry off Boracay

I am just curious if Southwest would be held liable for delays that may cause passengers to miss their flights. Anyone heard or experienced that particular situation?

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ferry off Boracay

I agree with left over - it is better to keep a lot of time in pocket - travel timings have a propensity to sometimes increase in the Phils

@ Kegler

I would be rather surprised and impressed if they did so, that would beat the normal customer service and sense of responsibility of most establishments in the Phils :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,123 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ferry off Boracay

yes, I have heard that about a year ago, one of their buses ran into a problem and passengers upset were told they would be assisted/compensated. As it turned out, the airlines held the plane or it was delayed, depending on who you believe :-)

This is one reason they want you to leave SO EARLY....