We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turtle inn resort

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
turtle inn resort

hello,

based on boracayinfo.net, turtle inn is also along the main road. does this mean guests would hear traffic noise especially at night?

would appreciate feedback especially from those who had stayed at the hotel.

thanks so much.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turtle inn resort

Turtle is not on the main road - it is located down a paved pathway from white beach, one minute's walk or less.

J3
London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: turtle inn resort

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 8 nights last month, and would strongly recommend this hotel as an excellent place to stay.

This was my fifth visit to boracay, and in the past I've typically resided at the beach fronts located in station 1 and 2, and so this time I opted to stay at an alternative white beach destination situated in station 3.

The Turtle Inn is a brand spanking new hotel (infact the erection of a restaurant and swimming pool is yet complete) and so the standard of rooms are to a very high standard. We paid around P1,500 per night and were more than content with our cable tv, air con, large balcony, new furnishings and comfortable double bed ;) Infact, in comparison the quality of the room was many times superior than established resorts I had stayed at station 1, yet the price was substantially lower.

In addition to this, due to the relatively small size of the hotel, we were provided with an excellent service from Troy (the owner) and his extended family. Everyone working there showed us the typical warm filipino hospitality, and catered to our every need.

On the downside, all the rooms require negotiating a perpetual staircase.....this can be rather tricky at 6 in the morning after a heavy session at cocomangas. Furthermore, the hotel is not beach front. Its only a couple of minutes from the main path, however at the time of my visit there was no lighting along the entrance path. I understand lighting is to be implemented at some point in the near future. However the fact that the resort is non-beach front is immaterial, and I don't think it really bore any detrimental value. It only increased our journey to the beach by about 2 minutes, and overall we were happy to make that concession, as the benefits of staying non-beach front (ie lower price and high level of service) easily out weighed this slight inconvenience. Although its near the main road, we could never hear any traffic.

I would almost certainly stay at Turtle Inn upon my next visit to Boracay, although I beg for Troy the owner to install an escalator in order to make it more lasingero friendly!

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: turtle inn resort

thanks, sirena & J3. i am now even more raring to go : ))

hope you don't mind, j3, how did you pay for the deposit? i was advised via cel text to deposit the 50% to a bank account. it's a personal account as expected since it's a family-run resort. was that how you did it yourself?

J3
London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: turtle inn resort

Dear love boracay

Prior to arriving in Boracay, we hadn't bothered booking anything in advance as pretty much all the hotels will have vacancies at this time of year. If you are charming, its definitely possible to negotiate a discount.

As Turtle Inn is a family run resort, procedures are less formal and stringent than the larger hotels. In fact if I remember rightly, we didn't even pay a penny over until the 5th day! And so to answer your question, no we didn't have to pay a deposit. For the remaining 3 days, we paid by visa card which was hassle free.

With regards to your deposit via bank transfer, I wouldn't really worry about it too much. Troy and his wife seem honest and decent people, and so I'm sure all transactions will be made bona fide

Enjoy your trip

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: turtle inn resort

thank you, J3. you must be right. the cel # to which i am communicating is from the legit website of turtle inn anyway. we're sooooo looking forward to the trip really.

have a nice day!

manila
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: turtle inn resort

This seems great, how do we get in touch with them? :) Thanks

7. Re: turtle inn resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2006, 11:48
manila
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: turtle inn resort

Thanks. i'll be in touch

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: turtle inn resort

You can reach them via their website at

http://www.turtleinnboracay.com/

Caloocan
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: turtle inn resort

we'll be going to boracay 1st week of september and we'll be staying at turtle inn. we'll take pictures of the place and post it here at tripadvisor.