We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Boracay guide - Kalibo round trip service provider

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
My Boracay guide - Kalibo round trip service provider

Hi, has anyone used the services of "My boracay guide"? They charge 1325 php per person for private transfer for Kalibo - Boracay round trip. Is that reasonable? I'd prefer a private transfer as i read in South west, one has wait until the bus is full. Any other private transfer companies available? Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,180 posts
1,524 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Boracay guide - Kalibo round trip service provider

The major transfer companies are the 2 above as well as Island Express.

http://www.islandstarexpress.com/home/

Tommo

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Boracay guide - Kalibo round trip service provider

These transfers are expensive and usually take longer, my friends had this and the ride from Kalibo to Caticlan took 2.5 hours, when it can take only 1.5 hours when you hire a private van.

If you want to be more economical, there are private taxis, located just outside the arrival area, that can take you from Kalibo airport to Caticlan. Rate is Php1500. Taxis can accommodate up to 5 persons.

You can also hire a van, rate is Php2000-2500 depending on your haggling skills.

At the port, pay for Php25 for the boat transfer then Php25 for terminal fee (at Tabon port) or Php100 at Jetty port. Environmental fee is Php75.

At the port in Boracay, hire a tricycle to take you to your hotel. Rate is Php200. Alternatively you can hire a multicab for Php250.

Going back, just do the same. When you arrive at the port, people would come up to you offering private can from Caticlan to Kalibo. We got ours for Php1500 for 6 including boat fare.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
32 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Boracay guide - Kalibo round trip service provider

I have trip in October and wondering myself if the 'PRIVATE VAN' worked out ok.

If you choose to use them can you please provide update on how it went?

Thanks.

4. Re: My Boracay guide - Kalibo round trip service provider

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:16