We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padi open water diver course

singapore
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Topic
Padi open water diver course

I had a Phuket, Thailand trip on 1st Sept & I should be surfing online for more info but I just can't took my mind off the arranged trip for Boracay, Philippines this coming 28 Nov. Actually arrangement was made on Jan 2013 to take up the open water diver course at Tioman, Malaysia but was cancel becos of work commitment. Months of studying online & pass all the test on eLearning had gone down the drain. This morning I brought myself the Padi open water diver manual, planner & graph again. Preparing myself for the actual day & hopefully it will be a stress free & enjoyable course.

Did a search on TA & Calypso Diving was the first I saw. Calypso Resort was to my mrs & kids liking. Price for accommodations is reasonable but it's a shame they do not have the family room for 4 pax. I also notice their course fee is a little higher compare to other dive shop/center but i'm more concern on the safety, are we taught by certified dive instructors & how is the open water dive operated. Pls share your thought & guide mi to a responsible dive shop/instructors. Thks you very much.

Manila
Level Contributor
375 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Padi open water diver course

you can ask for the PADIinstructors card if you want to be sure that the instructor is certified

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Padi open water diver course

You probably want to read the reviews at tripadvisor.com.ph/Attraction_Review-g294260… and at tripadvisor.com.ph/Hotel_Review-g294260-d179…

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Padi open water diver course

Have a chat with the instructors to have a feel.

Even certified, the quality you will get will depends on the instructor. A certified instructor does not mean that he will be a good instructor.

Calypso is pretty well known in Boracay but there are other shops also. If you are not in rush of time, go and scout around.

You can shorten your learning time if you will to do the online course first but you will need to select the dive shop you will be attending.

4. Re: Padi open water diver course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16