We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help picking a hotel/inn

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Need help picking a hotel/inn

This is will be my first time visiting Boracay(first week of October) for five or six days, so I'm looking for a nice place to stay. Most likely, I'll be traveling alone, so typical hotels just wont cut it. l've been reading up on places and the general consensus is that Dave's Straw Hat Inn is one of the best. The only issue is that it's not a beach front.

Here's what i'm looking for.

1) Beach front or very close to the beach, I'd like to wake up and see the beach. Also, access to some chairs or some sort by the beach. I'd like to lay down and relax.

2) Nightlife, must have some nightlife bar, parties, etc or atleast close to one.

3) Internet access, I need to be able to get on the internet. I don't need to be on for long periods of time. Are there internet cafes or "hot spots" in Boracay?

4) Price. Looking for something under $125 a day.

5) Access to a grill or somewhere you can camp and build a fire. I'd like to do some cooking (is this even possible?)

Also, what's the easiest way to get to Boracay from Cebu?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Manila
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

Please check out this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k751…

It meets your No. 1, 2 and 4 criteria. No. 3, there are internet cafes around. I'm not sure about No. 5, though. It's a family-run inn, maybe you can just ask them.

I am just not sure if the place is "nice" enough for you. Maybe you should see the place first.

HOWEVER, having said that, since this will be your first time in Boracay, I recommend you to stay in a nicer resort first, maybe 3 days (wait for other suggestions) and just transfer here for the remaining 3 days or something like that.

Manila
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

also this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k751…

As I said, these are just accommodations, no resort facilities whatsoever, no "front desk" people. If you need pampering, this is not the place to stay in as this is not a "resort" in a true sense. I just replied because it met most of your criteria. Your less than $125 a day budget will already get you a nice room at a nice resort, maybe even the beach front ones since October is off-peak season.

There might not be that much nightlife since it's off-peak, so you probably better stay at Station 2 or near D'Mall area where there's more activity even during the lean season.

manila
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

White House Resort

ANSWER:

1. Beachfront, has cabanas infront to hang out, has a pool infront, has chairs for you to relax.

2. Has an all day happy hour bar, 5min walk to some of boracay's major bars.

3. they have wi-fi around the resort...so while your out infront relaxing you can do some surfing (the net) w/ your notebook

4. i think you can get as low as $70 at this resort depends on the room you choose.

5. tell them to bring out their grill, they do this upon guest request....i do it all the time ;)

HAVE FUN!!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

Bill, do you happen to know the website for White House Beach? I saw it while at work today, but I can't find it any longer.

Thanks.

manila
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

http://whitehouseboracay.com/

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

You can't build a fire on White Beach, but you can ask the hotel if they have a BBQ grill you can borrow, as mentioned above.

True Home Hotel is a good choice. White House is also good, but perhaps further from the nightlife than you want to be. Also check out some info on Zuzuni - it's a nice new place in a good location.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

I agree, True Home (www.truehomehotel.com) has nice rooms facing the beach.

Check out Seawind (www.seawindbora.com) and Waling Waling (www.waling.com) as well.

Zuzuni's (www.zuzuni.net) rooms are new and quite luxurious, but it's not really a "resort" but rather 4 or 5 rooms above their greek restaurant. They also have rooms facing the beach, but the view of the water is obstructed by some trees.

Among the 4, Zuzuni is closest to the nightlife, restaurants and shops.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

Zuzuni and True Home are quite similar, and neither could be termed a resort.

9. Re: Need help picking a hotel/inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 10:37