We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay in August

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philippines
2 posts
Save Topic
Boracay in August

I have been invited to a wedding in Boracay which will be held the last week of August next year. I've been to Boracay before but that was in the summer. I had a blast! It was beautiful then and the weather was perfect.The water was so calm..so I'm wondering what the usual weather is in August.

Can anyone, please, post some information i can use?

Thanks so much!

Viv

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boracay in August

I was there during the last week of August this year and it was quite rainy during the evenings and mornings with the sun coming out only in the afternoon. But you never know with the weather, it was bright and sunny the day we left and from what I heard, for the rest of the week -- just my luck =(

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay in August

August is raining season so expect the weather to be unsettled, the beach to be windy and the water (on White Beach) to be rougher than in your previous experience. It really does vary from year to year so there's no telling how much rain we'll recieve. Bring waterproofs just in case.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay in August

it is very difficult to predict 10 months in advance what the weather will be in august 2007.

It is generally windy with moderate to big waves and daily short showers. It is also the time of the year we experience the highest high tide.

Try the other side of the island during this time as they have no wind and no big waves

4. Re: Boracay in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:16