We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu Gyms?

Tokyo
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cebu Gyms?

Going to spend a week at the Shangri La on Macatan Island in Feb. Does anyone know of a Gym with a squat rack and free weights somewhere relatively close. Any information is appreciated.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu Gyms?

Shangri-La Mactan has a fully equipped gym for its guests.

Tokyo
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu Gyms?

Thanks for the reply, but when I was there three years ago they did not have a squat rack. Do you know if they now have one? This is a rack on which you can place a loaded barbell and step under the barbell to place the weight across your shoulders and then step away and squat down and up with the weight on your back. I've yet to see a hotel with squat rack,(not a smith machine) so usually when I travel I try to find a local gym or health club.

Tokyo
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu Gyms?

Thanks for the reply, but when I was there three years ago they did not have a squat rack. Do you know if they now have one? This is a rack on which you can place a loaded barbell and step under the barbell to place the weight across your shoulders and then step away and squat down and up with the weight on your back. I've yet to see a hotel with squat rack,(not a smith machine) so usually when I travel I try to find a local gym or health club.

Tramore, Ireland
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu Gyms?

Hi SI65, have you tried email them and ask? I think they had some renovation work done in the last few years... don't know if that effected teh gym, think it was mostly the ocean wing from what i remember reading.

I was recently in 2 Shangri La's in December (in Muscat and Abu Dhabi) and went to the gyms in both, both had similar sets of equipment and both did have a squat rack... though don't know if that would mean all shangri la hotels would have the same gym equipments of course.

Tokyo
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cebu Gyms?

Thanks. I did email them, they responded very promptly. They have a smith machine but no squat rack. Looks like there is a First Fitness in Cebu at the Ayala Center that has what I want.

6. Re: Cebu Gyms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 08:19