We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

This place was listed as the "Author's Choice" in the 2009 Lonely Planet (which isn't out yet, but you can download chapters from their web site).

At $37 a night for a king bed bungalow with a/c and mini-bar, it just sounds too good to be true!

Has anyone stayed there or at least seen it?

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

I'm also interested in staying here, but can't find any reviews on this place, not sure if it's because few people go panagsama?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

I think because it's brand new.

I have a good feeling about the place. Anyone who takes the time to create such a nice web site gets points in my book, and they're customer service was fantastic. I had email answers to all of my Qs within hours.

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

Yeps, I think they did a great job with the website, and I received a response pretty quickly too. When do u intend to stay? I'm thinking of going early august, but I'm not sure about the weather.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

Not until October. I don't like to plan my life so far ahead, but they only had a couple deluxe rooms left, and the place I stay in PG is already booked up with a group.

I'll be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks (on my way to Sulawesi).

Good Asian and Seafood are the 2 things we can't get in Santa Fe, so the thought of Singapore always makes me salivate!

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

Oohs, you've been here before? hehe, must try our chilli crabs!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

Stop! You're killing me!

Is there a season for them? Please tell me it's June!

Cebu
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

It's right next to the loudest Disco in Panagsama. I think the Lonely Planet guy only stays one night and so he dosen't know that you cant sleep there because of the noise on Saturdays.

Good food but a bit of an ex-pat hang out. Owner is a bit shifty.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

I just read an article telling to be very wary of tripadvisor reviews. If you click on the member's name, and find out they joined on the same day they wrote one review and then were never heard from again, there's a good chance they have some REASON to write that review/comment whether its good or bad.

Talk about shifty!

Cebu
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

I think your post may be concerning my information.

It is easy enough to check for yourself. There are several maps of Panagsama beach and the proximity to Pacitas where the Saturday night disco is is easy to determine.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MoalBoal Tipolo Resort

I had to cancel my trip to Moalboal this year. The owner, Jochen, could not have been more pleasant about it. I emailed him last night and my paypal deposit was refunded when I woke up this morning. He was anything but "shifty".