We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage place and good food

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
654 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Massage place and good food

Dear all,

I will be staying in Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa in Cebu for couple days. May I know whether there is any good spa place outside hotel or within walking distance of the hotel? Also may I know whether there is any restaurant at late night around the area? Many thanks for your help!

Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Massage place and good food

hi, i live in Mactan at the moment and i am also always going to Shangri-la. well, since the Chi Spa inside Shang charges more for a massage, I have a favorite massage place at Maribago (just a few kilometers from Shang the name is Won Spa which is Korean-owned. 1 hour combination swedish/shiatzu is Php700 and a 2 hour combination foot and body is Php950. you can just say to the taxi its near the Mactan cockpit beside the Green papaya restaurant.

yes, there are a few restaurants near the resort like the Hola Espana but most will be having prices like Shangri-la. or you can opt for the SUTUKIL filipino seafood (grill or soup) restaurants near the Mactan shrine.

another option is to go to the Marina mall near the airport and there will be more restaurants and bars in that area.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
654 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Massage place and good food

thanks exotictravelbug.

May I know the massage place for Maribago such that I can ask the taxi driver to get me there?

3. Re: Massage place and good food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2009, 17:05
Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Massage place and good food

of if you arrive after our Palawan trip, that would be better...i can be you tour guide here in Mactan then :-)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
654 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Massage place and good food

thank you. the reason is because i can't find any details when i google "won spa". thanks a lot for the help and prompt reply!

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Massage place and good food

Abaca Resort resort is a few meters down the road from Shangri La Mactan. The food is great (try the flatbread pizza) but I haven't tried their spa. The place is beautiful -- check out their website www.abacaresort.com

Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Massage place and good food

well, i won't mind if you contact me on my cellphone if there's anything i can do to help you have a more pleasant stay here in mactan and cebu in general. we could meet up at the shang since it's like our "second home" - me and my bf usually go there to unwind after work. we just helped out our new Korean friends we met there at the resort, they were a couple from Seoul, Korea. it was their first time here in cebu so we were just happy to give them some info coz they had such limited time here (5 days), it's nice to help them have a good time. they really liked the massage at the Won Spa.

you can't google it coz it's a small scale spa and they advertise thro word of mouth i think :-)

well, i will be glad to help. just call okey?

Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Massage place and good food

by the way, i was looking around for the calling card the lady Won Spa owner gave me (i think it's under her husbands name) if you want to make a reservation for massage.

Ricky Han

Soong, Maribago, Mactan, Lapu-Lapu City

(landline) (0063)032-5168998

(cell #) (0063) 0917-722-4196

foot reflex

foot reflex & body massage

foot scrub

facial therapy

healing stone massage

combination swedish/shiatzu

i don't remember the openning hours but the closing time is 10pm or until the last remaining costumer is finished

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,314 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Massage place and good food

exotictravelbug sounds like your soliciting.....

Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Massage place and good food

hi, oslo...oh, i am just providing complete info to the person asking about the spa coz they don't have website and can't be found in google...there's no need for me to solicit for it coz i am also a costumer but it's nice to pass on the word if it's good service, isn't it?