We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cars/Transport

Western Cape, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cars/Transport

Hi, Me again

I must ask... are there or are there not TUK TUK's or 'motor bikes in front with a 'passenger trailer? (like in thailand or Baja's in India) in the Philippines? & if yes does anyone know what they cost.

The Jeepney's look like they are petrol guzzlers

hope to hear

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cars/Transport

http://www.philippines.hvu.nl/transport3.htm

tricycles - about 1500 US$

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cars/Transport

If you mean as a passenger, public transport tricycles are not allowed in Cebu City. a;though I have seen some very late at night picking up passengers.

Regards: Jim

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cars/Transport

I am not sure exactly if you are looking for business purposes or personal, but the multi cab is popular here. You can find those who carry only 8 persons up to 20 persons. They are not a large as the traditional Jeepneys and they are reasonable for gasoline prices.

Average cost for smaller one, second hand, would be around 100,000 to 150,000 peso.......

Please also remember if you are buying for business use, you must have a franchise or you can not operate that. That is another large fee. Plus availablity of franchises in the area you will use it, is also something to check into.........

4. Re: Cars/Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cebu Island