We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotel location

Columbus
10 posts
Save Topic
good hotel location

Which hotel is good for enjoying Cebu city life (Spa, local restaurants, mall etc.) and relaxing (snorkeling, ferry tour, etc) at the same time? The blue Orchid resort sounds really nice and friendly, but it seems really far away from the city, so it sounds like I might end up spend lots of money for transportation to go out to the city. I’m planning to take my parents for my dad’s 70th birthday and my budget for hotel is around $90 per day per room. It would be his first trip without a tour guide or tour group (so he doesn’t have to in and out of a bus and follow the group schedule). I want to take him relax, not boring, and enjoy some local life. So I need to find a hotel which is nice, clean, safe, and convenient transportation. It's his 70th birthday present, so I want to pick a nice hotel, not just clean hotel. Shangri-La also sounds nice, but little bit over budget for me. Hilton has good and bed review at the same time, so it’s hard to decide.

Ah.. also.. is there some good bar and spa to take my parents in Cebu? There is lots of bar and spa recommendation out there, but it sounds like for young people (maybe me and my husband), but I don’t think my parents enjoy disco or loud bar – although he loves to dance (not disco, but ballroom dance).

Edited: 08 February 2010, 21:28
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel location

http://www.travelsmart.net/article/100856/ ballroom dancing

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel location

Hello, This website www.cebutourguide.com/package_tours.htm got a package tours with the hotel choices from budget to high end accommodation. you can choose from the list which package the best fit to your budget. I hope this helps.

calgary
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotel location

The GV Tower on the edge of downtown Cebu was the best hotel for price and location in Cebu City. Free internet in the lobby restuarant area.

Excellent price for what you get and compared to other hotels in the area.

Close to the downtown action but still a well maintained hotel and service was fine, security very good.

Get one of the 4 available rooms with the large terrace looking out.

Great value for about $29. US.

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good hotel location

we stayed at the marriott and loved it. room rate was $80 for a double queen room. we added breakfast for our family of 2 adults and 2 children for just $20. but it's next door to the Ayala mall where you can find tons of dining and shopping.

5. Re: good hotel location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 05:17